How many of you guys carry extra Broadheads.......

cam188

Reaction score
How many of you guys carry extra broadheads into the field in your pack? If yes, how many?

Do you carry extra arrows not on your quiver with broadheads attached or not?

Thanks,
Chris.

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
I'll carry one extra broadhead stuffed inside an old film canister...other than that, it's 8 arrows in the quiver -7 broadheads and one judo or SGH.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
I was carrying 7 boradheaded arrows in my quiver and a sharpener. I can take a break and turn all but the most bent heads back into a good head so a sharpener is better for me than losing another broadhead in my pack, or elsewhere. Also carrying the same sharpener for bheads as my knife saves space and weight.

Another reason I like solid fixed heads, no extra blades to contend with, and easily resharpenable.

BDB

Reaction score
My quiver only holds 5 arrows and I usually have an extra BH or two in my pack if I am backpack hunting. If it's a day trip I'm with 5 BH's If I go with 4 BH and a judo I carry the extra BH in my pack, like AS, in a film container.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
5 good ones in the quiver. Then three in the original package (with excess plastic/cardboard trimmed off) in the pack and a few extra arrows strapped to the side. I learned several years ago not to run out of bullets. I've actually had to jerk an arrow out of a still very much alive critter (albeit somewhat unmobile), nock it again, and shoot it into the critter again. I actually had to do that twice on the same animal. That javelina was Satan's spawn.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SDHNTR @ Mar 27 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
5 good ones in the quiver. Then three in the original package (with excess plastic/cardboard trimmed off) in the pack and a few extra arrows strapped to the side. I learned several years ago not to run out of bullets. I've actually had to jerk an arrow out of a still very much alive critter (albeit somewhat unmobile), nock it again, and shoot it into the critter again. I actually had to do that twice on the same animal. That javelina was Satan's spawn.[/b]
LOL I would just probably stab it in the neck or something...LOL

JNDEER

Reaction score
day hunts usually 4 in quiver, one nocked and then a couple small game heads(season permitting) in my pocket or waist strap...

Lurediver

Banned
Reaction score
I ran out of broadheads once in the field down at Chopper's, AS was nice enough to loan me a broadhead and I let it fly. Let just say things got kinda of bloody.

BDB

Reaction score
Bloody? Did AS have enough arrows left to hit what you were shooting at

dwagoner

Reaction score
i carry my quiver full with how ever many arrows i have in it, most the time 1/2 doz, all fresh and sharp and ready to launch like a cruise missle. never carried extra BH in my pack though.

oneshothunter

Reaction score
8 in the quiver and 6 new in backpack and so far have never needed more then 4 arrows but better safe then sorry

barel74

Reaction score
4 in the quiver, one nocked. If it takes more than 5, then I better just go back to camp and think about things for awhile

BDB

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oneshothunter @ Mar 28 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
8 in the quiver and 6 new in backpack and so far have never needed more then 4 arrows but better safe then sorry[/b]
I'm not picking on you in any way, I just found it amusing that "Oneshothunter" carries 14 broadheads

oneshothunter

Reaction score
hey lol BDB 8 arrows and extras I like shooting stuff like at lake sonoma last time im walking around for 5 hrs and I get a little bored and start shooting at stuff lol trees stuff ..lol anyway after i was done spending money on heads i installed new fresh heads on the arrows .. sorry BDB im not a hog killing machine like you
do you need to pick on me more when I tell you whats in my backpack ?lol all good bro. Ihave fun and try to be over prepard

BDB

Reaction score
I miss more than I hit, unfortunately
Like I said, it was nothing against you at all, it just made me chuckle. I'm all for shooting lots of stuff. Sadly I can say I have had to replace a BH with one in my pack to keep hunting, I just couldn't hit one of them damn turkeys, (on a trip to choppers), with a whole quiver of arrows.

Archer32

Reaction score
Just whats in the hood of my quiver.... Usually 4 G5 Montecs and 1 SGH for when I get hungry for mountain grouse.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom