How much danger is the party really in?

gwhunter69

Reaction score
The Democrats' Pain Threshold
How much danger is the party really in?

By John Dickerson
Posted Monday, March 17, 2008, at 8:21 PM ET
As a doctor, Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean probably has some familiarity with patients obsessed with their health. That's a good thing, since he now heads a party that is likewise obsessed. As the presidential-nominating fight intensifies and shows no sign of ending, voters and party elites are increasingly worried that the party might not survive the enduring contest. Mario Cuomo said a close race could be "ruinous"; House Majority Leader Rep. Steny Hoyer warned of a major fissure; and Donna Brazile asked, in Time magazine, "Who opened up the gates of hell?"
LINK

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Donna Brazille asks; "Who opened the gates of Hell ?"

Obviously the writer of the article in the link was reflecting the words of some Democrats when he says it was probably
Carl Rove, who "tricked the Democrats" into running their primary that way !...

No; I submit that it was the Democrats themselves that "opened the gates of hell"..

About three and a half decades ago, the Democrats realized they could not flim-flam most regular folks into falling for
liberal pie-in-the-sky ideas, so they started building a coalition of the misfits and disaffected. They figured to capture
the disgruntled peaceniks, the radical feminists, revengeful blacks, homosexuals, animal rights, atheists,greenies,
dejected Commies, Luddites, illegal aliens, left-handed monkey jumpers..and whoever else held a grudge against the
"establishment", and thereby, build a majority party.
Sporadically; this worked fairly well..It didn't get their first candidate (Geo McGovern) elected, but it did usher in
Jimmy Carter and after the great RR cleaned up the Carter mess, 43% was enough to elect the Clintons.

So how did the Democrats "open the gates of Hell" ? Well, the coalition worked fairly well as long as they all were aimed
at the same conclusion...which many viewed as the destruction of the US as we have known it ..
That is precisely why it is in the Dem,ocrat party's interest to KEEP these groups down and feeling as "victims"..
Now however, we see that these splinter groups each have their own "pet candidate". The feminists and the blacks are not
necessarily in agreement ..nor are the illegals.
Which one do the homosexuals opt for?..the animal rightsers ? the greenies ? Do the Commies go with the blacks or the
feminists ? And not all feminists athiests !
The Luddites can agree with the Commies, but what do they have in common with the left-handed monkey jumpers ?

The Democrats opened the gates themselves..now let them walk in...(and meet their boss ?)

BTW: Donna Brazille already alienated the athiests..by admitting there is such a thing as Hell !
Hmmmmm...

Tank

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
The Democrats opened the gates themselves..now let them walk in...(and meet their boss ?)

BTW: Donna Brazille already alienated the athiests..by admitting there is such a thing as Hell !
Hmmmmm...[/b]

Right on Chuck.

mitchshrader

Reaction score
the sum of em is two out of three americans and they all know they wouldn't vote republican no matter what.

and republicans earned their scorn, and deserve it. you sowed the wind and you'll reap the whirlwind.

it's easier to find traces, faint reminders, of personal liberty in the republican party, which is why a guy whose been a liberal 40 years and counting is closer to republicans than democrats. at least ya'll remember that liberty existed, and occasionally give some minor lip service to the concept.

democrats don't. they're at this point in a mutual agreement to rewrite the rules so they're all winners, and no such rules can be written. it's an illusory goal, unachievable, an optical illusion to even think it exists.

i feel like i've got a choice of the james gang or the keystone kops. either a batch of robbers and thieves, or a batch of virtuous absurd crazy people. well, no offense to the crazies, i pick sane. ya'lls institutional amorality is easier to accept than the total detachment from the real world democrats exhibit.

I wish to heck there were some good guys in this one. It's been my fondest hope for 35 years we could SOMEHOW get the democratic CLAIMED GOALS .. the stuff they CLAIM TO WANT in their speeches.. which in fact they don't get, don't try to get, steal all over the place CLAIMING they try to get.. if we could get those goals IMPLEMENTED by Republicans, seriously, cause they ASKED FOR IT, go ahead and give it to em, opportunity tied to personal responsibility, equity tied to work ethic, fair and equal treatment EVERY SINGLE TIME.. for EXACTLY who deserved that treatment, 100%, purely color, race, gender, nationality blind.. but *Fair*.. totally fair. oh yes, I wouldn't mind one BIT to have a Council Of Fairness, that not only gave irrevocable decisions but made the person who CAUSED THE INEQUITY pay the court costs.

claim you were mistreated, and you were NOT.. you pay the tab. all of it. fair?

it'd stop some false claims, don't you think?

i'd LOVE to have 'equal opportunity' and let the chips fall where they may. that's all i EVER wanted, or promised anybody..

democrats promise good things to steal. republicans just steal. frankly they're less disappointing, but no BETTER. it's a mighty slim virtue from which to claim party loyalty.

Advertisement

Top Bottom