How often do they stop by?

max

Reaction score
Has anyone seen specific date/time patterns upon monitoring scrapes?By looking at the date/time stamp what kind of a patterns have you seen?example: they show up twice a day at a certain time or they come every other day etc....Be specific, this could really help understand these guys?

wvhunter

Reaction score
I didn't really get any good patterns on bucks over scrapes this year.  I interesting thing I did notice was that I had 5 different bucks work the same scrape in a two day period.  They did return to the scrape but not in a specific pattern.

Curtiss

Reaction score
I got a few hundred pictures durning the rut, and most of the activity between 7:30 P.M., to 5:00 A.M. From the time on the pictures before 11:00 P.M. was the normal.
   Like wvhunter though, many bucks of different sizes were using the same scapes. I will soon post some short clips of video, so that you all can see. Some of the clips are very funny. I will edit the size of the video's since they are nearly 30 meg each.
    Curtiss

Gator

Reaction score
I was not able to pattern them either, except that the pics I got on the scrapes were at night and that there were several bucks coming to the same scrapes as well. The bucks are in full rut here in West Fl and I am starting to get some day pics of bucks coming to feeding areas. We have a very late rut here, usually prime rut is about the 1st week of Feb.

quackmaster

Reaction score
I put a camera on an active scrape in late December.
There were 4 different bucks that appeared to come to the scrape, but I only got one picture of a buck standing in the scrape.  All were between 1 and 4 a.m.
Whatever that means I don't know.  I posted this picture before, but its still my best.  I jumped this deer along with two other bucks last weekend while looking for sheds. Still had their hats on.

(Edited by quackmaster at 8:37 am on Feb. 11, 2002)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I ain't never got any biggun's over scrapes like QM's but all I do have, including some does, were in the dark too so I doubt I do much hunting over them much anymore, never did any good no how!  (and no wonder)
Tinhorn

Top Bottom