• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

How things happen so fast!

Frank X. Morris

Howdy All,
While I celebrate Aaba's birthday one day the next day I get an e-mail from Switzerland from a friend that said a woman who owns Sly, (who is a Neezer sister) was walking on leash with a number of other Salukis when all of a sudden Sly dropped to the ground and died. Even at 12 1/2 years she was in real good shape, so this was a shock to say the least. It just seems no matter how long you have them you just can't keep them around long enough.

jackrabbit

Yes. We always had two dogs at a time, to keep each other company while we were at work. I always took them hunting, fishing, and jogging for plenty of exercise and play. After the last two passed, couple years back, we knew we were too old and ailing to do justice to new hunting breeds. Wish dogs lived a lot longer.

Last edited:

OPAH

Been kicking around a dog but the last one a piece of me died when he died, still hurts if I stop long enough to really think about him.
Of course I was a lot younger then, a new dog may out live me now?

Gamedog

Been kicking around a dog but the last one a piece of me died when he died, still hurts if I stop long enough to really think about him.
Of course I was a lot younger then, a new dog may out live me now?
Took me a while before I was able to move onto another pup after my last one died as well... 8 years to be exact.

I'll tell you what, getting another pup will help to fill that piece of you that you feel is gone. Nothing like raising & training a pup into a stellar performer not only in the field and in life in general. Good feeling for sure!

Top Bottom