How to measure trophy elk........

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
As you all may already know that B&C and SCI measure their trophy elk in inches. I wonder if they ever do any measuring in feet. Let's say there were three nice elk killed. How many feet will three elk measured? How about if the measure is in square feet? How many sq. ft. will three elk measured? Does anyone know? Anyone want to take a guess?

ltdann

Reaction score
I measure in pounds i.e., how many pounds went into the freezer:dancin-red:

BigSurArcher

Reaction score
Divide the score in inches by 12. And if you want a square foot measurement then you measure out a tub of water. Dip the horns in the water and measure the amount of water displaced (area of the horns) and convert the units to feet.

Weird questions LOL.

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Yeah it's kind of a weird question. I'm going to think this through and come up with a new method of measuring elk. Any more guess?

BigSurArcher

Reaction score
Not sure what I was thinking.... The tub of water measurement I described measures the volume of the horns, not the square footage. I actually think the volume thing would be a cool measurement. The more horn the animal has, the higher it scores.

SoJo

Reaction score
ok..I know we're all bored now after reading this thread waiting for this year's elk season to start! Haha!

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
We have this all figured out pretty good. We came up with a very easy and impressive way to measure our elk and measured out three elk very well. I'm waiting for the pictures from my buddy and will walk you guys thru how we did it. Stay tune.

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
OK here is how we measure our elk in feet. One elk measured out to exactly 4 feet. Therefore 3 elk measured exactly 12 feet. Check out the pic.

Attachments

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
To make our elk in the trophy book we measured them in sq. ft. One elk measured exactly one sq.ft. So three elk measured three sq.ft. Now check out how we did that in the pic.

Attachments

REM3006

Reaction score
@L2H...Do you need more pictures for the trivia? Let me know I have more hooves pictures.

Bubblehide

Banned
Reaction score
To make our elk in the trophy book we measured them in sq. ft. One elk measured exactly one sq.ft. So three elk measured three sq.ft. Now check out how we did that in the pic.

Hum antlerless elk in the record book, what a concept

But I did get a good laugh out of it.

Last edited:

Top Bottom