Howdy Yall, been away......

scoobysteve

Reaction score
Hey yall! been busy, busy busy and haven't visited in a while. I bought 3-4 flash enhancers here while back. I gave 2 away and put one in my newest Owl setup. I haven't had the chance to see what she will do but plan on it soon.
My question is does anyone use the enhancer on their D380 setups? I took mine out with me not long ago but forgot to grab the external slave I have
(doesn't that just tick you off????). Well, I set it up anyway and to my suprise, it worked quite well without the slave. The only pics I had was a fox but they were very good.
Would I gain enough flash to install one in that setup? Any suggestions??

Crandallhunter

Reaction score
I use them on my 380's and they help. The only problem is that you have to play with them to get away from having shadows in your pictures. Usually if you mount it slightly off center (down) and towards the shutter, it clears most of this up. But it definitely helps.

60X

Reaction score
On trails where most pics are taken pretty close a D380's flash isn't bad at all. If it's on a more open area with some range then it's spotty. I started putting enhancers on all my cams and they seem to help out. I did have some weird pics at first but somehow they cleared up themselves.

DeeRedRaider

Reaction score
By "flash enhancer" are you guys talking about an added flash attachment to the unit, or are you talking about a fresnal lens over the flash hole that concentrates the flash?
I just finished my first digital set up - d340 / rs232, and comments I"ve read here indicate that I'm going to be dissappointed in my night pictures with this new unit compared to my standard "Owl PF rs426" unit. Will the flash enhancing lenses sold by Pix help my 340 a considerable amount, or do I need to recycle that 340 back through ebay and buy a 360?

Top Bottom