How's all my Southern friend's doing?

max

Reaction score
Just heard the World News. Boy you guys sure got alot of rain and Flooding.
Just wanted to say Take Care and Hope everyone is doing OK.

bat

Reaction score
South Ga. is still mighty dry allthough it looks like we might start to get rain sometimes tonight.  It's mostly up above Atlanta.  Thanks for asking max.  Hope the flood zone rain will quit for you guys up above here.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
We've had plenty here in Arkansas.  Not really enough to be a problem where I live but' plenty to have the long beards wash up and ready for opening day.  

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Thanks guys. We got 8 in. of rain in two days this weekend. I live up on a mountain so it didn't flood where I live. But down in the valley it flooded out several houses. Monday morning I had to wait for the flood waters to go down before I could get to work.All the creeks in the area were across the roads in several places and the county had the roads blocked off. Hope everyone in flood areas are doing OK. One good thing I checked some of my cams today and they were all dry.LOL

Rooter

Reaction score
It has been so dry in my area (Pennsylvania) that the rain we have gotten rolled off the ground and into streams.  Very little soaked in at all.  We need a lot of rain over a couple of weeks or summer will be BAD.

spotty

Reaction score
The rain and flood hasn't affected me personaly. A lot of roads were flooded so a lot of alternate travel plans had to be made.  The kids were out of school two day because of all the roads that were covered with water.  A few of my co-workers who live in Virginia, couldn't come to work because of high water. I live just a stone's throw from the Va. state line. Ky. and NC. each are roughly an hour away. We're just now getting some of the flood waters from a lot of the rain that went north of us. Most of the heavy rain missed us, it went north. They're still forcasting more rain but not as heavy.  One farm I hunt has two access roads, they were both flooded.  The same with another farm I hunt. I talked with the owner of one farm I hunt. His rain guage registers five inches. Two days of rain fall had filled it up, he emptied it, by the middle of the next day it was running over again.

In 1977, our area was hit with a terrible flood. They are comparing this flood with the one in '77. Officially, in '77 one town's flood level was measured at 36'. After this storm it measured 34'.  As I wrote above, the heavy rains went north of us!   I guess we are grateful that it went above us.  A lot of cattle has been washed away, along with a lot of hay.  I heard on the radio, on my way to work, this evening they were searching for a 7 year old girl that was missing. The waters have receded some but all rivers and creeks are still out of their banks.  

I did see something that made me smile yesterday morning.  The rain had filled a pond that dried up years ago.  Six young deer jumping, splashing, kicking and havin a big time in the water.  

Top Bottom