Hoyt Pro 38

SDHNTR

Reaction score
What can anyone tell me about this bow? I just won it at a 3D shoot. It seems to hold real steady. Anyone know about what it retails for?

BOHNTR

Reaction score
A Lot! It was the bow I almost bought.....before I shot the Guardian. It's a smooth shooting machine.

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
Pro 38 is a shooting machine. A lot of pros choose that bow because it just flat out shoots that good. they retail for between 8-850.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Holy crap, I had no idea, I scored.
I think I paid close to $500 this year on various raffles and hadn't won a thing. 'Bout time it paid off. I was thinking of selling it, but maybe I'll set it up and tinker with it. I've never been much of a Hoyt fan after some experience with the Ultratec and Trykon, maybe this one will win me over.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Not just a broadhead whore are you?

Be careful, you start shooing a bow longer than your arrow and you may see what you are missing. Them thar longer bows hold well.

Congrats on winning something good.

dwagoner

Reaction score
AWESOME SCORE!! I have a 07 38 PRO, its target black and its my indoor/3D bow. Im assuming you got a camo model right? What cams on it? What experience did you have with your other hoyts that made you not like them? Ultratec is considered one of the best bows hoyt has ever made by alot of hoyt users, I have a Ultratec also

SDHNTR

Reaction score
dwag, This is the same bow but the camo model. It has the Cam & 1/2. First of all I shoot low wrist and I never really liked the Tec Riser. Two of my buddies have had the Ultratec. I've shot it a bunch. It held nice but was just not as smooth and as shock free as my Mathews. It also has a shorter valley which I had a hard time with unless I was really focusing on hard back tension. In both those cases those guys went to Mathews bows (Switchback and Drenalin LD) and never looked back. One of my buddies said it was like going from a 69 Mustang to a brand new Lexus. Their shooting significantly improved too. I always had a tougher time tuning the Ultratec and it seemed to require more regular tinkering to keep in tune. I know it was known as a forgiving bow but I found my Switchback so much more forgiving that I found that almost laughable. I'm not being a Mathews fanboy, I'm just stating what happened in my experience. I also shot the Trykon many times as my shop pretty much had a fire sale on them. I wanted to like that bow. Way too much hand shock for my liking and the thing was super squirrelly in my hand. Take all this with a grain of salt though, it's just my limited experience with them. I know Hoyts have their loyal fans, and for good reason I'm sure. I just never felt all that comfortable with one, at least not when comparing them to the Mathews that I've shot, especially the Switchback. I'm married to mine.

I suppose I could set this bow up to be my target rig and 3d rig, but to me all that stuff is just practice for hunting and I like to shoot the same bow I hunt with.

barel74

Reaction score
Didn't you just buy a Done Deal for your back-up bow? You've become a bow-whore, overnight
And cam have them all tuned for a different broadhead...... actually, that would be pretty
cool

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Yeah I did. Then this Hoyt fell into my lap. It only has 60lb limbs so I don't think it will do Africa duty.

dwagoner

Reaction score
60# er that would prolly appeal to someone wanting it for a 3D rig for sure, I know what you mean about how smooth the mathews are, had a XT that i bought and sold to a buddy cuz the DL wasnt for me and i didnt want to buy another but i bought it specifically to sell to him if he wanted it. Well i started shooting it before he got his hands on it and almost flaked on him but i sold it to him since he wanted a new bow and liked it alot too. Look foreward to meeting ya soon.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
You get my email dw?

I made a sweetheart deal for a buddy who's been wanting to get into hunting. It will be perfect for him.

dwagoner

Reaction score
Yes i got your email

I did exactly what you did also, got my buddy into archery, he was a bird hunter but this year hell be out in D17 and A31 slinging some arrows and if nothing with the bow we got the general gun in D17 that he can try to fling some lead at a mullie. Im getting more and more excited with going thru all the inventory at SW LOL Getting to open all the stuff out and put on shelves and racks is kinda cool but its kinda a tease too!!

Top Bottom