Humane Society

Eric Mayer

Reaction score
HSUS is not your local Humane Society.  (Just clarifying).

Eric A. Mayer  

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Just to restate what Eric said, the Humane Society of the United States is not the same Humane Society which runs the animal shelters and spay/neuter clinics.  

The "REAL" Humane Society is primarily an animal welfare organization.  They have no position on hunting, or any other animal "rights" issues.  HSUS is an openly anti-hunting and animal rights organization.  They adopted the society name as an intentional ploy to utilize the positive image of the original Humane Society.  Most people don't know the difference, and that's just fine with the HSUS.  

I thought the real Humane Society sued HSUS to stop using the name, but apparently that suit lost.  

Anyway...

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Just to add...

For those who have never bothered to read the "crap" that anti-hunters are spreading around, I'd highly recommend that you give this material a look.  It provides a pretty good insight as to what hunters are up against.  

For example, look at the "Hunting Myths" section.  How many of those arguments can you defend against their propaganda and misinformation?  They've picked apart our weakest, but most common, arguments, and this is the ammunition they hand out to the non-hunting public.  These guys really have their stuff together.  How do we counter that?  

I don't know about anyone else, but to me it creates a troubling picture for the future of hunting.  While we're beating the tar out of each other over motoduck, or inline vs. traditional muzzle loaders, or any of the other myriad internal battles we hunters engage ourselves in, the antis like HSUS are spreading messages like this website to non-hunters.  

I have never seen the equivalent attempt by pro-hunting forces.  Nowhere have I seen a website attempting to reach the non-hunting public to provide sound biology or even philosophy in support of hunting.  Most outdoors magazines, organizations, and websites are directed at an audience of hunters.  Even the large groups like DU provide fairly dismal outreach to non-hunters... especially compared to what the anti-hunters are doing.  

Strikes me that we're missing the boat here.  What can we do to get aboard?  Ideas?  Thoughts?

Marty

Reaction score
Just as troubling is to see the F&G departments side with the likes of HSUS to draw a compromise, under the threat of legal action, without hunter/fisherman input.
Hunters are going to have to organize into coalitions to fight the anti- groups just as the OHV groups have.

BigDog

Reaction score
Hmmmmm, seems like somebody here has been preaching that for several months now.....lol

Latest Posts

Top Bottom