Hunter Liggett

bohunter3

Reaction score
Im thinking of going to Hunter Liggett for some pig hunting. Never have been there. If I had to choose a training area to hunt, what would you recommend? Im flying blind here, and its a long drive fron San Diego. :confused-yellow:

myfriendis410

Reaction score
If you're military, check out Vandenberg. It's tough hunting, but if you are persistent and patient, it will pay off.

XDHUNTER

Reaction score
Did you send in your 2009-10 hunting permit application? if not download it from the website and send it in. It takes two weeks to process.
Sandiego is a lonnnnng drive.:skeered:

Hunter0331

Reaction score
Fort Hunter Liggett

Im thinking of going to Hunter Liggett for some pig hunting. Never have been there. If I had to choose a training area to hunt, what would you recommend? Im flying blind here, and its a long drive fron San Diego. :confused-yellow:
If you're military, VAFB is the place to be.
I made that mistake by driving out to Fort Hunter Liggett when VAFB is a hell of alot closer.

If not, then I'd say TA 25 along side of the creek towards TA 27.
TA 29 is Shotgun/Muzzleloader and Archery. There is always sign of rooting along the river. TA 29 park on the second gate and walk.

TA 30 Shotgun/Muzzleloader and Archery, there is a nice size pond in the middle of the area.

TA 15-16 rifle, the hogs normally root aroudnt he impact area and travel to deep cover along these two areas.

TA 8 is rifle hogs are always spotted however you need to ambush them going to cover in area 8.

TA 7 is rifle look for sign crossing into Fort Hunter Liggett's roads.

TA 10-13 is rifle there are two ponds there and a patch of wild berries which if you're lucky they'll be there.

bobe

Reaction score
hunting fort hunter ligget

hi there , i been there its good but it takes some doing to find your way around, try area 10/13 hogs move from the northwest or try 13 east but its a walk in area only, so is 29 good luck. bobe

JLTapia

Reaction score
I want to go hunt at Hunter Ligget if anyone want to join. It's my first time hunting. Let me know and we can plan something.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom