• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Hunter shot himself in SBNF near Pioneertown

larrysogla

Yup, safety first. I have been almost shot with a .22 semi-automatic rifle way back in 1973 by a classmate while rabbit hunting in Quartz Hill, Palmdale, Calif. before they built the Fwy. 14 and before there were any houses at all. A jackrabbit ran a circle around us and the classmate just kept firing with his 17 shot Marlin rifle with his rifle pumping bullets while following the rabbit circling around us. It was a miracle that myself and the 3rd man in our hunting party were not hit by any of those bullet spray. When I asked him why he was shooting even with such obvious danger, he replied that he was shooting at the ground. However the angle was very shallow with the bullets ricocheting off the desert floor. Whew!!! I thank the Good Lord I am still alive today. Another time back in 1988, while hunting chukar, I lost track of my partner while aiming at a low flying chukar to my left. At the shot, I was horrified because my partner was directly in line with the pellet spray. Luckily for us, he was about 200 yds. distant and there was no harm at all. Wingshooting is extremely dangerous. I can truly appreciate the hog guides insisting no bullets are chambered until the hunter is in position to shoot and only at the go signal of the guide. 'Nuff said.

Darius

DariusTaxidermy.com
SanBerdoo23
TDBob
BDB
Goslayr
ShootingStar
El Cazador
John Bishop ( JHO handle ? )
Spectr17 - Jesse
Nathan Harding ( JHO handle ? )
Charles Del Valle ( JHO handle ? )
Dave in LB
Foulshot

Total as of now $290............... cost was $331

This is the current list of contributers that have donated for Jaime's funeral, Thanx guys for supporting.
The funeral wa today at noon & the plant was at the service.

Darius

Darius

DariusTaxidermy.com
SanBerdoo23
TDBob
BDB
Goslayr
ShootingStar
El Cazador
Bishop
Spectr17 - Jesse
Nathan Harding ( JHO handle ? )
Charles Del Valle ( JHO handle ? )
Dave in LB
Foulshot
Kid Creole
Blazintowers

Thanx for all that contributed, & all prayers............... what a great group of people

Enough donations have been made to cover the cost of the plant that represented the JHO family at the funeral service.

Thanx

Darius
Monday 11-7-05

BigDaddyB

I now have learned of this tragic accident! Another JHO'er had mentioned it after talking about a near fatla accident on Red Mt. opening weekend of chukar!
My deepest condolences to everyone concerned!
I could not ever phathom the severity of such a situation, I planted a pellet in a very good friend, I was sick for days afterward and will never forget it!
I've been peppered multiple times in my hunting life(35+yrs), and fortunately, never experienced any critical injuries or more!
This tragedy is something that could make one put up their guns for good, which I believe 22Ounce would never want, so for those that are close to him, keep that in mind, and when the pain of your loss has lessened, go out and hunt up a bird or two in his name!
God Bless his family and friends!

Top Bottom