Hunters Education

Duck Assassin

Reaction score
Waterfowl season will be upon us before you know it. So get your kids into hunters Ed. soon. I just went with my kids and my son did not pass (8 Years Old). Course does not focus on safety as much as I thought it would. I added a study guide to my website on questions and areas he struggled with.
I had a hard time finding anything on the internet to get some prework before the course, so I made my own.
Start them young and have fun.
http://www.waterfowlRefuge.com

jerry d

Reaction score
While it is not a requirement, at Chabot Gun Club we encourage students to pre-register in order to receive the instruction manual prior to actual class day.

This gives them a chance to review the material that will be presented and better prepare themselves for the class.

Our class is a one day class with 10 hours of actual classroom instructions(as required by the State of California), several breaks, lunch time and test period which means an approx. 12 - 13 hour day. This makes for a rigerous day of instructions and is especially hard on younger students who may not yet have the attention span that is required to absorb all the material necessary to pass the exam at the end of the day.

Personally, I would advise parents with students 10 years and younger to pre-register, thoroughly review the manual with the student(especially the terms in the glossary) and enroll them in a class that spans several days.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom