Hunting and Drinking

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Ok..... I am honestly asking this out of pure curiosity and nothing else! Is it legal to go archery hunting while drinking?

ps i posted this here just because of all the archery hunters that are getting ready to go out. and not in the archery section.

BOHNTR

Reaction score
Not only an unethical practice, but it's also a violation of law in California. Here's the section straight out of my California Fish & Game Code:

Section 3001: It is unlawful to take birds or mammals with firearms or with
bow and arrow when intoxicated.

This is a misdemeanor with quite a hefty fine I might add. If one must drink, save it for AFTER the bows & guns have been safely stored away for the night.
Hope it helps.

BOHNTR )))----------------->

WinMag1

Reaction score
Good question, I don't know the answer for sure but, logic and good sense would tell me that even though it is Bow and Arrow it is still considered to be in the "Any Legal Weapon" catagory just like a rifle or muzzel loader, and that, I definately know to be illegal. Of course besides the legal aspects of it all, if you know of anybody who likes to drink and hunt at the same time let me know what zone they are in so I can choose another
Good luck to all this year. Have a safe and successful hunt. "Pass the Backstrap"

Steve

SDHNTR

Reaction score
Prolly not a good idea. All legal issues aside; since shooting a bow requires such concentration (at least it does for me), my accuracy goes to hell after only two or three beers.

bzzboyz

Reaction score
I never touch the stuff till the beast is on the ground. And even then I wait till it's skinned and quartered and in the cooler. I tried skinning out a deer once after a few cold ones. Almost cut my finger off.

But after that point, katy bar the door. Especially if we don't have anywhere to drive that night.

Now I don't drink a drop of alcohol while bird hunting. It's usually to darn hot during dove season and it's to early in the morning during waterfowl.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
This man could well have tipped a few with his buddies while archery huntin'

Backcountry

Reaction score
<span style="font-family:Arial">That's gonna leave a mark!</span>

hntndux

Reaction score
An accident can show up at any time and there's no reason I can think of to help one happen sooner. I like my beer and have 30pak abs to prove it, but as it was said before...leave the stuff in the cooler until the hunts over for the day.

tinner

Reaction score
this is a good one for all the dove hunters. it gets awfully hot mid day and there is nothing better then a 12er and some shade till the birds start to fly again

WinMag1

Reaction score
Wmidbrook,

Nice pics, I guess if he was aiming for the apple his shot was just a tad low.
Did William Tell drink?

easymoney

Reaction score
To anyone who would even think about the sheer stupidity of it, those photos should speak volumes.Bowhunting is hard enough without the sauce. Be safe, have fun and come home alive...

Backcountry

Reaction score
Is it just me, or are there other sick minds wondering about kinetic energy issues?

Backcountry

sportyg

Reaction score
Any one who sucks down beer before or during their hunt is a duumb sheeeet, and know one I want to hunt around...

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Thanks for your replys! As I said, I was honestly just curious about the whole thing. Not interested in doing it myself! Thanks

Bwana Turtle

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
This man could well have tipped a few with his buddies while archery huntin'[/b]
But then again he might not have. He could have jut been plain old murdered. I'm curious as to the story behind those delightful little photos.

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
I've seen those pics before. I have them saved on my pc actually. I've heard the story. But to be honest I cant remember but do remember it was a stupid explination. Something like ''i wanted to scare my friend so I shot next to him and missed'' that wasnt exactly it but it was something that stupid.

On rotten.com it just says this

''Here are some photos from a buddy of mine in Vermont. He's a neurosurgeon. These are photos of some [derogatory noun] that managed to get shot in the back of the head with a hunting arrow, and the subsequent surgical procedure. Enjoy! And please post them anonymously.
(We're posting these now because three of the pictures are floating around in email forwards, without any attribution. They arrived here October 2001.)''

I'll try to find the story behind it. the guy lived through it which I find VERY hard to believe!!!!

Chuck W.

Reaction score
Never a good idea to consume while doing any kind of hunting, and yes it is illegal to do so while you have ANY "weapon" capable to take ANY game/non-game animal in your possession. So, even if you have had one to many, are just cruising around looking at deer, etc., get stopped, you will be arrested. And remember, if it is on "any open road to public travel" you more than likely will be arrested for DUI. Our Game Wardens have very broad powers in this state, they also are sworn peace officers. So, save the cold ones when not hunting, have nothing capable of dispatching any animal in your possession, preferably at camp or definitely when the huntings over, game is in the "bag", then maybe have a cold one and relax and tell the story of the hunt!

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bwana Turtle@Aug 11 2004, 06:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
This man could well have tipped a few with his buddies while archery huntin'
But then again he might not have. He could have jut been plain old murdered. I'm curious as to the story behind those delightful little photos.
[/b][/quote]
I looked couldnt find it. I know the guy lived through it and it was a stupid stupid thing his friend did, if I remember right he was trying to scare his buddy by shooting next to him, anyone know the real story behind those pics? I said in my first post about it that it was a stupid explination then I started thinking. Is it at all possible to have a smart or reasoneable explination for those pictures. NO.... There sure isnt.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom