Hunting apparel engineered for women.

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
I spoke with Angela Dial and Darby Stahl from High Maintenance Camo. They are introducing a camo bib for women with 200 gram thinsulate, zippered storage pockets, zippered legs for easy boot removal, and a zippered inseam that will give women additional convenience and functionality for when nature calls.

Learn more about their product at http://www.hmcamo.com/featured/bibs.html

[attachment=37702:attachment]

[attachment=37703:attachment]

http://www.highmaintenancecamo.com/

Attachments

choclabgirl

Reaction score
Its great that there are people out there thinking about women hunters! But what is the difference between these bibs and others. Either way you will have to get cold and expose yourself and if you are wearing thermals under your bibs you have to pull those down anyway. I also went to the website and I am hoping that they add some more functional womens hunting clothing because when I am out in the woods I am not concerned about my bra and underwhere or weather my nightgown is camo or not.

Jean

Reaction score
Carrying a pee funnel like the travelmate gets around most of this.
I agree it is good to see people thinking about functional clothing. I hope we see more better stuff. I didn't respond at first 'cause I didn't like the name of the company. (Call me a curmudgeon)

The last time we went to the shot show was 2004. Lots of fun, lots of walking, and amazing amount of stuff to see.
I do remember speaking to one of the reps at Rocky boots about some medium to lights boots for quieter stalking in California deer season. He told me their research found that women hunters didn't replace their stuff often enough to be a good market. Sad, but that's their loss.

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
Good comments choclabgirl. I agree (unless women go commando) it's going to be difficult anyways. While I do think it is a turn in the right direction, I'm sure most women would just be happy with hunting clothing that fits properly and is functional.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not qualified to cover women issues, but since JHO doesn't currently have a woman staff member, I did the best I could.

But, the industry is focusing more attention to female hunters. Statistics from the NSSF indicated that women who are involved in the hunting/shooting sports has climbed 75% in the last 5 years. Additionally, women spent $420 million last year on hunting apparel, gear, guns, and gadgets. With numbers like those, the industry is realizing that a growing market is being left out.

Although, several companies are starting to dedicate time and $$ to accomodate the female hunter now. Firearms are being made with shorter stocks, lighter recoil, and smaller hand grips. Apparel is starting to come available also. One of the best things that you can do is what you have just done, and that is to exercise your voice, opinion, and money on the matter(s).

Jean

Reaction score
Thank for the job you do Lan-Lord. We do appreciate your good work.

duckdog

Reaction score
That's a great idea with the zipper like that. What I have is the Cabelas QRS (Quick Release System) union suit Union suit. It has a zipper that goes all the way down the front and another zipper that continues down and then to the back. Never have to expose the arse to the elements. Great to if you need to relive yourself and there's no cover. You stay pretty much concealed. And they are warm
I even designed myself a special underware to use with them. I got tired of having to pull the panties over to the side, can't pull them down wearing the union suit.

I hope to see more great idea being made with the female in mind. And a female urinal...NO WAY!!!! Who wants to pack that thing around.

Sorry fella's, probably more info then you care to read about.....

You guys just don't know how much you have it made when it comes to Hunting Clothing.

I just wish I could find a Max 4 long sleeve shirt that doesn't have a pocket on the chest!

Dana

Jean

Reaction score
I did not mean to be offensive (at least no more so than usual).
Jean

Lan-Lord

Reaction score
Hi Jean, no worries at all. I didn't read your comments as offensive. Your input was/is very much appreciated

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
also, it's not just about features for using can. Women's clothing isn't just smaller sized, it's a completely different fit. Ever noticed that buttons for women's blouses/shirts are on the opposite side? They are narrower cuts for shoulders and different arm lengths. Women have a different hip line vs. men. Some women can pull off wearing men's clothing, many cannot.

WildWoodsWoman

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (choclabgirl @ Jan 17 2007, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its great that there are people out there thinking about women hunters! But what is the difference between these bibs and others. Either way you will have to get cold and expose yourself and if you are wearing thermals under your bibs you have to pull those down anyway. I also went to the website and I am hoping that they add some more functional womens hunting clothing because when I am out in the woods I am not concerned about my bra and underwhere or weather my nightgown is camo or not.[/b]
These look like a great idea. And I have to disagree with choclabgirl a bit - there is a difference between these bibs and others. With other bibs, you have to pull off the top to uncover the bottom, thus exposing your "core" chest area. Exposing the core is a quick way to get cold. With these you can wear thermal pants, and just unzip this suit pull the thermal pants down, keeping the whole upper half covered.

I'm with duckdog on rejecting the female urinal - gross. It's just one more thing to pack around and that's....just....gross.

Jean has a point. I'm curious as to why they named the company High Maintenance? Where I come from being high maintenance is an insult, not a compliment.

gundogs

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jean @ Jan 17 2007, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Carrying a pee funnel like the travelmate gets around most of this.
I agree it is good to see people thinking about functional clothing. I hope we see more better stuff. I didn't respond at first 'cause I didn't like the name of the company. (Call me a curmudgeon)

The last time we went to the shot show was 2004. Lots of fun, lots of walking, and amazing amount of stuff to see.
I do remember speaking to one of the reps at Rocky boots about some medium to lights boots for quieter stalking in California deer season. He told me their research found that women hunters didn't replace their stuff often enough to be a good market. Sad, but that's their loss.[/b]
Try the Danner Pronghorn boots they are quiet very flexible in sizes to fit just about everybody. I am sure you will be much happier with Danner. I have had nothing but trouble with Rocky Boots they do not last , their quality of construction is greatly lacking.
Bryce

Top Bottom