Mentor Wanted hunting buddy/mentor wanted norcal

urbanart

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to this forum, the only reason I actually created an account is to post a thread in hopes of finding someone. I'm 26 years old, from the bay area. Had my hunting license for 2 years now and haven't gone hunting very much mainly because I don't have anyone in the area who would go out with me. I'm looking for either a beginner like myself who just wants to put some miles on our boots and learn with me, or a salt dog who's willing to show me the ropes. I'm down to hunt pretty much anything (coyotes,pig,deer,rabbits etc.) and would also like to trap. I'm willing to drive all the way to mt shasta or los padres if i have to, I have a very random schedule due to the kind of work I do and usually have weekdays off. I'm safety conscious, eager to learn and like drinking beer.

Last edited:

mike1781

Reaction score
Welcome bud! Hopefully you can find a hunting buddy here.

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Welcome and good luck finding some one to help you out.
A few questions that I think a potential hunting partner might ask.
What firearms do you own now? Just general info like shotgun or rifle.
Are you an archery hunter or are you interested in archery?
Do you have any hunting experience at all?
How experienced are you with any other outdoor activities like camping, fishing or backpacking?
Just a few things that might give someone an idea what to expect.

Oh and you did not list the Sierra foothills as a possible hunting destination. There are no deer over here any way. LOL

urbanart

Reaction score
Thank you for you input
I own 2 rifles one in 5.56 and one in .308, I'm currently saving up for a shotgun (browning pump)
I am interested in archery but I wanna put some more time in the field before I start looking at buying a bow
I've hunted twice, one of which I was with a very experienced hunter, I'd probably hunt with him more but we're all busy men, and our schedules haven't really worked out.
Most of my experience shooting/rucking, and just being in the field has come from my military service. I enjoy being outdoors for sure. I've fished several times, not really into it or maybe i've just been doing it wrong, I do go crabbing occasionally mainly because i can take a 20 min drive and get to where i need to. accessibility i guess.

I've never been to the sierra foothills, and am open to that, I'm pretty much open to all of northern california to central california and the northern parts of the central coast

norcaljc

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Lots of good info and great people here. I'm a fairly new hunter from Fairfield and have met some really helpful members from Jesse's.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Reaction score
U guys forgot to ask him the most important question what's his favorite beer ....lol... .tra

urbanart

Reaction score
I'm mailing in my app for FHL tomorrow, I've done some training exercises there a few years back and somewhat remember the terrain. If anyone would like an extra pair of hands to help em out in exchange for some shared hunting knowledge let me know.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom