Remshot

Reaction score
 As a local to the Imperial Valley (hick,yokel...ect.:toothless I've seen a lot of huntable property closed off due to unsportsmanlike behavior. Though most hunters are absolute gentlman and honest there are a few that seem to go out of their way to take a big dump on the landowners.They've been known to shoot homes,pets,field equipment,livestock,protected species,each other and even children.These are locals and visiting hunters as well.
 These landowners don't have any obligation to us and we'd all hate to see the Valley end up like a lot of counties where the slob hunters have been the cause for our priviledges being revoked. Safety and courtesy go hand in hand.We are all guests of the landowner so be cool.
   :dancin-cool:

foulshot

Reaction score
Well said Remshot.  I've done my fair share of picking up shell boxes and hulls that other guys have left behind.  Most of the land owners and field workers are the nicest people you'll ever meet, but that doesn't mean you should take advantage of them.

B

BDOG

It would also help to bury the gut pile or put the stuff in a bag.It just doesn't look good when the farmer or warden drives up and stuff is scattered everywhere. If you see a beer can ,even though it may not be yours, please pick it up.Pick up anything you come across . It would help the hunters image.It easier to post a field than it is to pick up the trash. Don't piss the farmers off. We have already lost alot of huntable land because of a few slobs.BDOG

Remshot

Reaction score
Another thing that I failed to mention before was the cistern water.Those country home use canal water for bathing,washing and irrigation. Bird guts and trash aren't cool in the canals,could be a health issue.We won't even let BDOG near the ditches.

ranchwife

Reaction score
Also, make sure that you know where all irrigation water lines are.  These are expensive to replace when they get shot and causes the rancher/farmer to lose a lot of water.

B

BDOG

Darn remshot! I was going to bring a waterski  or wakeboard to play in the canals. Don't anyone else get any crazy ideas. This can be very hazardous to your health. The emergency ward will be busy enough that day. Have seen ropes taught across the canal -will cause knarley wipeout into concrete. Ouch! I don't pee in the water either.Only river trash relatives pee in the water. Used to piss me off. I wanted to defacate on the bow of their boat when they peed in the river.Burn that powder- BDOG

Remshot

Reaction score
Hey! What's wrong with a good tow from a fast truck and water skis? The good ol' days!

Top Bottom