Hunting license sales WAY down in 2019

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
Hunting license sales in California have been in steady decline for many years overall, generally by a couple thousand a year.
Last year when the ban on using lead for hunting came into full effect, I made a prediction that license sales would drop significantly. Well, last year sales dropped by more than 35,000 !!!! That is a big drop in revenues for DFG ( DFW ) .
Was the lead ban the main reason why ? I think so . My next prediction is that the cost for hunting licenses will increase MORE than normal to make up for the revenue loss. California , gotta love it : /

Also see:
BOW

Last edited:

JohnCo

Reaction score
That interesting, considering I saw substantially MORE hunters, and on foot and hiking this year.

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
That interesting, considering I saw substantially MORE hunters, and on foot and hiking this year.
JohnCo.....Depends totally on where you hunt . Giving our spots away on social media makes a huge difference. I learned that the hard way . BUT . the question is … why the drop in license sales . The people in charge kinda want "us" ( the dumb, country bumpin' people ) to stop hunting for food . Maybe then , they can control us .
BOW

Common Sense

Reaction score
Hunters who buy licenses are moving out of CA and being replaced by poachers who do not buy license.

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
I saw more hunters in D13 than Ive ever seen before. I might also add that I did not see one Game Warden the whole time, and I hunted every weekend from Archery through General Deer and a few week days as well. Maybe the loss of revenue added to that?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Huge drop. A lot of my long time hunter friends have left ca. The insane gun laws here are one big reason. It's one reason I'm looking to leave.

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
Huge drop. A lot of my long time hunter friends have left ca. The insane gun laws here are one big reason. It's one reason I'm looking to leave.
I am trying to decide which state to move to in the next 4-6 years . I hate even saying that being a pre-gold rush , 6th generation Californian. I love what this state has as far as public lands and its varied topography. From the ocean to the desert to the high alpine lakes , to the vast farmland to the riverways and creeks to fish. I could go on because there is much more. I kinda want to stay here and fight and have taken a position in the newcaliforniastate.com movement . I am the Trinity County rep. I love and support what the state of Jefferson is trying to do BUT , they are going about things in a way that is not Constitutional. Please check out NewCaliforniaState.com and become involved if you can. In my mind its the LAST hope for California.

And hey Jesse, I have been looking at your old stomping grounds in Missouri. I have quite a bit of kin there. Land is cheap but dog gone it , it does not have the land that Kaliforniastan has. I hope that we can revolt here and take this state back in a Constitutional way .
Also Jesse, I hope we can meet up again . I regret not engaging more when we met up in 9A this past season. I was super BEAT after getting that buck off the ridge ….. and well.... I also had a bit of "elixir" before you showed up that evening ...so I just sat back and listened to you guys mostly ; ) I missed a super great opportunity to catch up and get to know you better . Sorry bout that bud.
BOW

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
I am trying to decide which state to move to in the next 4-6 years . I hate even saying that being a pre-gold rush , 6th generation Californian. I love what this state has as far as public lands and its varied topography. From the ocean to the desert to the high alpine lakes , to the vast farmland to the riverways and creeks to fish. I could go on because there is much more. I kinda want to stay here and fight and have taken a position in the newcaliforniastate.com movement . I am the Trinity County rep. I love and support what the state of Jefferson is trying to do BUT , they are going about things in a way that is not Constitutional. Please check out NewCaliforniaState.com and become involved if you can. In my mind its the LAST hope for California.

And hey Jesse, I have been looking at your old stomping grounds in Missouri. I have quite a bit of kin there. Land is cheap but dog gone it , it does not have the land that Kaliforniastan has. I hope that we can revolt here and take this state back in a Constitutional way .
Also Jesse, I hope we can meet up again . I regret not engaging more when we met up in 9A this past season. I was super BEAT after getting that buck off the ridge ….. and well.... I also had a bit of "elixir" before you showed up that evening ...so I just sat back and listened to you guys mostly ; ) I missed a super great opportunity to catch up and get to know you better . Sorry bout that bud.
BOW
I was excited when the Proposition 9 made it on the ballot and equally saddened when it was removed. An environmental group called the "Planning and Conservation League" was able to sue to block the measure. The fact that a group that no one ever heard of could sue to undermine the initiative process and take away the vote by the people should've been a wake up call, however, many liked the idea it was removed. Everyone accepted the decision and moved on without a word being said. No one seemed alarmed that a special interest group could undermine an election.

I think that groups like the Planning and Conservation League, along with their Judicial allies, will be the roadblock to future efforts for a new State. What we need are powerful friends in high places and that will be a challenge.

P304X4

Reaction score
I had thought about going back to Cali. before retiring from the AF but the politicians were already shoving the state down the tubes. Missouri isn't quite as good for the outdoor activities that Cali is but prices and taxes aren't as high and politics aren't as bad as Cali. I hope political changes can be made but the flakes seem to outnumber the people with good sense.

Top Bottom