Hunting on Same Tag

ghrousseau

Reaction score
My friend who lives in D 14 told me we could both hunt on the same tag as long as we alternated times and were both carrying valid licenses.

Does anyone know if this is ok? I could seem to find the information on DFG website.

Thanks!!

blazintowers

Reaction score
Thats a big negative......Each hunter has to have his own valid licence and tag for the zone you wish to hunt...check out the dfg web....Blazin

MULEY51

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
Absolutely a NO NO. In fact, part of your tag is supposed to filled out with your name, etc. BEFORE you go into the field. I thought I was in trouble once when a game warden checked my tag and asked why I had not filled it in ( I had simply forgotten to do it)
. He was great about it , though he had me fill it out in front of him before he'd let me go.
Your buddy is either pulling your leg or needs to catch up on the laws.

ghrousseau

Reaction score
He told me he had called DFG.......................I'm going to get a tag anyway so I can Hunt in other zones if I choose.

Thanks for the clarification.

Backcountry

Reaction score
Uh, does your friend even have a hunting license? Did he take hunter education? Regardless, he needs to take it again as that is a big-time no-no and will get both your guns taken away by the man. By the way, how long has it been since you've reviewed the Fish & Game code?

..also, anybody from DFG that told your friend two guys can hunt on one tag needs to be fired. Frankly, I don't think your friend heard anything at all like that from DFG.

Thank goodness you asked this question here, otherwise we'd likely read about the two of you for a poaching violation. Those types of mistakes end up with confiscated guns, hefty fines, and loss of your hunting privileges.

Keep it real and good luck this season!
Backcountry

Orygun

Reaction score
No.No.No.No. That's not even funny. You can lose your gun, license, vehicle, camo clothes, binos. You could darn near be left nekkid in the field after they got done with you for something like that.

Rookies

Reaction score
Hey guys... Okay I need some clarification. Yesterday I went into Wal-Mart and looked at the zone maps. It said that with your D-13 tag you could hunt D-15 and D-14 this year for 2004, but on the web site it said D-13, D-11 and D-15. So what is it really?

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rookies@Aug 13 2004, 04:18 PM
Hey guys... Okay I need some clarification. Yesterday I went into Wal-Mart and looked at the zone maps. It said that with your D-13 tag you could hunt D-15 and D-14 this year for 2004, but on the web site it said D-13, D-11 and D-15. So what is it really?
No. D-11 tags can be used in D-13 & D-15. The same with D-13 & D-15. Any of those 3 tags can be used in those 3 zones. D-14 is only good for D-14, and no other tag can be used in D-14 except the junior hunt tag for that zone.

And no one can share tags. Look at your license. The deer tag number is written on it when you buy your tag application. I tag per hunter. You really got to be careful with F&G violations, their not like $20.00 parking tickets. They can cost you hundreds or thousands of dollars

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
You really need to "study" the regs and not take verbatim the second hand info from your buddies. Believe me, if you break a game law you will pay dearly on the spot.

larrysogla

Reaction score
Firearm laws are not to be trifled with, ignored or "assumed". Once you are busted either by the Game Warden, Sheriff, Police, CHP, Park Police, BLM Ranger, Military Police(inside Military bases) etc., it is a nightmare. Never trust somebody's word, sometimes even the LEO's give wrong info. Take the time to dig up the written regs & read them for yourself & then read it again & then read it again. It takes several readings before you can sort out the legal mumbo-jumbo, but making a mistake & being busted for it, you will pay dearly, dearly for it. Trust these guys here & dig up the regs & start reading. You will feel confident & you will be safe.
God Bless. larrysogla.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom