Hunting set up

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Has anyone ever set their camera up near your hunting spot? I was thinking of setting my camera up near my tree stand, Where I hunt the deer have one way in and one way out, if I set my camera up they would have to walk right in front of it....wouldn't it be cool to see the arrow just before it hit?? It's a long shot but I think I might try it. Anyone tried this?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I did the end of bow season last year for several hunts but no deer came by  :diss

I just wanted to see the deer's reaction to the cam / flash more than anything

Has anybody seen the deer's reaction yet?

Tinhorn

Possum

Reaction score
Tinhorn, I haven't personally witnessed the reaction, but it must not bother them.  The same buck walked down the road by my camera at least 5 nights in a row around the same time.  Maybe he was showing for the camera?  I don't think it really bothers them that much.   I will be trying to get the deer on camera as I shoot him.  Oh, I forgot - Harvest the deer.  Got to watch those political statements.

http://communities.msn.com/JessesTrailCamP...amp;PhotoID=287

(Edited by Possum at 1:17 pm on Aug. 16, 2001)

Possum

Reaction score
Brotherwolf, how are you going to do this with the arrow?  Seems like you would have to know exactly when the arrow was going to impact the deer and the camera would have to go off at the exact time.  Or, maybe you using a video cam?  That would be cool.

mike

Reaction score
Sounds like a neat idea. I'll have to try it. Would be cool to have a little momento before you drop Bullwinkle....:)

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Possum, I know the odds of getting a picture of the arrow right before impact is off the charts but I was just thinking "what if"    that would be awesome. But probably impossible.

gizz

Reaction score
I've watched it many times while the cam was on a trail right behind my house. This trail leads to a corn pile (in the winter) and I could watch em come down the trail get "zapped" and continue to the corn. It seems to startle them slightly but then they look around a bit and usually fire off another one. They eventually walk past and continue to the corn.

Top Bottom