Hunting With a Dually???

jnew911

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new truck. I'm considering a dually because i need the payload for a lance camper. Does anyone hunt with a dually or have any pointers? Of course I understand the cons and drawbacks of a dually but I'm sure some guys have to make it work.

Any pointers you have for me I'm all ears.

cjack

Reaction score
I have a lot of trouble with the narrow Forest Service roads that I have to navigate not to mention the scratches to the flared wheel wells. I guess it depends on what terrain you will be using it in. I tow a Jeep behind it when I know I will be in an area that requires it. I have noticed that the tow rated tires I use are worthless in the mud, you may want to consider all terrain's.

Planetcat

Reaction score
I have a lot of trouble with the narrow Forest Service roads that I have to navigate not to mention the scratches to the flared wheel wells. I guess it depends on what terrain you will be using it in. I tow a Jeep behind it when I know I will be in an area that requires it. I have noticed that the tow rated tires I use are worthless in the mud, you may want to consider all terrain's.
I have a Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, not dually, and am in the same situation as cjack. The diesel is somewhat loud, and even with all-terrain tires and a winch, it can be very difficult to extract. I once needed a semi sized tow truck to pull me out of a crevice that I thought I could run through after the regular tow truck gave up. I was stuck in lake county for over 24 hours.

Top Bottom