i broke it!

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
went out this morning to put my cam back out. i got it set up on the tree and opened it up to open the shutter and the camera fell out and broke the soldred connection at the camera toggle. i could have kicked myself!! it's an easy fix i know, just resolder. i guess that's what i get for being in a hurry.

cc

Bob R

Reaction score
I guess we all learn our lessons.  I have learned the "hard way" that I take a small kit with me when checking cams.  In it I have a small cloth to clean the lens, extra batteries for the camera and sensor, an extra roll of film, and a small cordless soldering iron.  I have had to walk back to the truck enough that I now remember to carry my emergency kit with me.  It is always the little things the bite you when you least expect it.

Lessons learned.

thehairlessone

Reaction score
i have a backpack with batteries, film and bungee straps and everything else I think I might need that I carry with me when I go to check them.

rick

woodsman

Reaction score
I made that mistake this morn ,I went to ckeck on the cam and the battery was ded su## ,the only thing I had with me was a roll of film  .the batterys in the cam were the originals that came with the cam ,six months old "not bad". :knock-teeth-out:

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 I got one of those black camera cases with one of my PF's(not the cheap grey thing)that has a couple zipper pockets and goes on my belt,in it i carry tape,film,batteries,knife and very small screwdriver.dont have a portable soldering iron though.

kmitch

Reaction score
Ditto on the camera kit. I have a backpack made up just for cameras. I keep film, batteries, cheap meter, soldering iron and a few other tools. I used to keep a bubble level but started putting one of the stick-on levels on each camera case. Too many half-mile hikes into the woods to be missing anything.

I also have all my cameras set up with the same connectors. Sometimes I'll put in a spare camera. If a camera has not used the entire roll of film, I'll swap cameras and shoot the remaining film on whatever before I get it developed. Sometimes it's pictures of food plots to have a record of how they developed.

Keith

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
i'm definately going to put together some sort of "first aid camera kit" now. the spot i'm using is 50 miles from my house, 8 miles down a dirt road, 2.5 miles down a dirt path and only accessable by foot or ATV. and that just to the spot where i park my ATV. after that it's another 1/2 mile into a ravine! oh well the cam will be fixed today  and hopefully i can drive back up there to set it out mid week.

cc

MBullism

Reaction score
61 miles?  One way?  Now that's dedication.  (or intoxication, I'm not sure which, LOL)

shufigo

Reaction score
Hey, that should sure cut down on the chances of theft -- so long as the 61 miles are AWAY from civilization!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom