I broke the new rifle hex

grtwythunter

Reaction score
  Looking at all of songdogs pics finally got the best of me yesterday so I headed out with my son. Ever since I got my new .22 Hornet I've been in a slump. Constantly calling yotes in, but usually getting no shot. Then I got one 2 weekends ago, only to lose him in some thick brush.
  Anyways...we headed out and got nothing at our first stand. Set up the second time at dusk and after about 3 minutes of calling one popped out at 125 yds. He made the mistake of standing still about 1 second too long. I finally got to show my 7 yr old that daddy doesn't always miss(seemed like it for awhile though).
  Now that the Hornet is broken in on something other than paper, it's time to do something about the bobcat hex.
  The pics are at Wallyworld, now I need to scrounge up a scanner.        Scott

Hook

Reaction score
Hey grtwythunter, congratulations on your first coyote with your new rifle. I am sure your son will remember it for a long time.

What kind of groups does that 22 hornet get?

(Edited by Hook at 9:19 am on Jan. 6, 2002)

Fubar

Reaction score
grtwythunter Way to go! What kind of call did you use. How long did you call before it came in? Where did you get it. Inquiring minds have to know. Thanx            Fubar

grtwythunter

Reaction score
Thanks guys
  Hook-the best group I have got was 3 shots touching. The worst was about 3/4". Even my 7 year old shot a 1" group with it. No complaints here!
  Fubar-I used a Circe jackrabbit call. I trade off between that and a Circe cottontail depending on where I'm calling. I had been calling about 3 minutes when it popped out.
  I'm hoping to make it to the Arrowhead hunt, but it's too early to tell right now. I sure missed the Carrizo hunt!       Scott

Top Bottom