I did it!

headnurse

Banned
Reaction score
Let the kids test the cam to see if it was doing what it was supposed to..... yep, it's working... I wonder about them, tho....

Attachments

PaPaBob

Reaction score
Congrats
Best looking pic that's been posted here in months.

luckyman

Reaction score
hey headnurse,

let see some pics of your set up.

I built 3 cams from your tip on the metal cases a while back.

good deal

mongoose

Reaction score
You just think they are being silly.... Here is Little Mongoose testing one of my 360s a few months ago. I titled this picture "Triplets."

Good new is...... No Flash Bleed!

Attachments

headnurse

Banned
Reaction score
O.K., no camo on it yet, but the man is so eager to try it out in the woods he says that can wait til after our week up there. He didn't even know I was making it for him til he started talking about buying one and I had to spill the beans--from there, I've been rushed a bit so it's not the neatest you'll see, but I'm sure everyone here can understand his impatience once he knew. Oh, and I almost forgot to check for it until now, but ditto--no flash bleed!

Attachments

headnurse

Banned
Reaction score
Next, I'm packing and posting at the same time....
This is a used military waterproof first aid box. Really cheap.
P32
Pix board right before the switch to universal
4 D batteries cause Radio Shack didn't have 'C' holders and the man didn't want to wait.
Counter cause he wanted it there, but still have to fix the bug in that....works, but have to divide the total by 2... don't ask.
Good tight seal, metal and bearproof (I hope), will have a Python lock on it and strap to hold it to the tree snugly.
Not a 'tiny' case, but works for me for the price. I think they come up to about $3.50 a piece???

Attachments

D Letho

Reaction score
HN ,

You have a counter for a PIX board ? I do not remeber seeing anyone with one . Please .... Do tell . Looks like a PIX board in your pic anyway !

Don

headnurse

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, it has a counter, and it is a PIX board with a Sony chip, but still have to 'tweak' the wiring. It's counting twice per shot because of the initial pulse the board gives to the shutter/refresh to charge the flash when cam is powered up, but even if I don't figure it out, I think I can handle dividing by 2 when I look at it. Unless it's an odd number, then I'll wonder.
I have to include more test shots just to give the other 'addicts' more pictures to look at. Not the cool kind of deer, I know, but don't have any of those yet.

Almost forgot, he's holding a road flare.. nothing dangerous. They really like each other and since she's older, she'd kick his.... well, he wouldn't hurt her...

Attachments

bat

Reaction score
headnurse your setup looks great. Yes I think we would like to hear more about your "counter" as well. How do you have it wired in and where did you buy the counter etc.? That would be a nice add-on to keep from going into the cam to check for pictures. Thanks, bat

headnurse

Banned
Reaction score
OMG, don't remember for sure, but I think I ordered the counter quite a while ago from that site that just looks like '****" on here.
I just wired in a reset that is inside at the bottom of the box the board is set into... Then wired it into the shutter and ground heading out to the cam. It seemed to get a signal there, but was counting twice.. Then I read that there is a small pulse from there when cam comes on for flash charge so that explains it, just didn't have time to check more about where to move the wires since we are both eager to get out to the woods to work on our 'hunting spots'. The cam has been in the works for a while now and was meant to be a 'surprise' for my husband. (I plan on building myself one REAL soon.) He just blew it when he started checking into actually BUYING (ack) one himself. But he's still thrilled enough not to gripe when 'someone' sets it up for testing and it flashes in his eyes at 4:00 a.m. when he's coming in from the night shift.

bat

Reaction score
headnurse, thanks for the information and the way you put it. I guess you can find a counter most anywhere if you look for one. I have got to check into finding one of those, would come in handy.

Just wondering if you could tie it into the shutter wire instead of the refresh(or vise versa) if that might eliminate the double count??? Anybody have an idea on this?
bat

headnurse

Banned
Reaction score
It is wired into the shutter. Just soldered to the shutter and ground wires coming out of the board. Read on here somewhere that there is a slight pulse to the shutter when the cam is powered on to help with the flash charge, which would also lead to the double counting. I'll have to work on that one, but it is nice even when testing to have an idea of what's on there just by glancing at it.
Didn't get it out into the woods til right before we left, but did get a chance to test up at camp. Here's the girls we used for our test subjects.

Attachments

bowarr

Reaction score
Headnurse,
Your cam and test pics look very good! Now post us some deer pics. BTW.... is that moonshine paraphernalia in the last pic????

Latest Posts

Top Bottom