I give Up

Lew

Reaction score
Ok, I give up, I tried to solder together a timer to work with a Lamson PIR and found out how much I don't know about electronics.  Lesson number one, don't pick up the soldering iron from the wrong end.  Second, don't get a blob of solder in the middle of your circuit board, you can ruin your board trying to remove it.  Question, is there a timing unit for sale completed or can someone put one together for me for a fee???  Any suggestions ??  Lew, with burnt fingers.

Blacktail

Reaction score
Hey Lew,

i am also working on the same sensor.  I bought the timer circuit from Ramsey Electronics.  It is triggered off of a negative pulse so it should work.  It was $8.95.  Also this may sound like a stupid question but what wire on this sensor is the positive wire.  I hooked up my DMM with red being positive and it gave me a negative value.  Just curious.

Lew

Reaction score
Blacktail you are asking the wrong person.  I got an unassembled timing kit from Kevin May and hoped I could put it together, wrong.   The Ramsey timer sounds like a good/better idea for me, if it works with a Lamson PIR.  The key, as I understand it, is to close the relay for 1-2 seconds to fire the camera.  You could just get by with that, however, if you want to delay a second picture for a period of time then you need a second timer.  If you are like me not familier with circuits, it can get confusing.  As to which wire to hook to which contact, I have to rely on the experts.  Lew

Blacktail

Reaction score
Hey Lew,
I got the timer idea off of Jesses Lamson page.  you are correct from what I understand that you are trying to close the contact for 2 seconds.  I guess this is accomplished by a negative pulse from the timer.  I read the specs on the timer and it gives you negative or positve pulses with adjustable time delays.  Sounds like a winner to me.  

davered1

Reaction score
lew,

Joed has a timer he will build and sell you for 30$,search for timer and look at all the joed stuff his page is listed there somewhere.

It does a whole bunch more than just a timer to check it out

this is his email  HuntwithJoe@aol.com

Lew

Reaction score
Davered,  Thanks for the tip, I will check it out.  By the way I love British Columbia.  Lew

Advertisement

Top Bottom