i have created a bunch of camera monsters

stanman

Reaction score
I have been hooked on this site since i first found it.My brother and i built our first cameras back in May and put them out on one of the farms we hunt and have been getting excellent pics since then.I take them to work and show all the deer hunters and there are alot.Well in the last 3 weeks we have helped 3 guys put cameras together and more are asking for help .We found a camera shop that has owl,s close by they probably sold 1 in the last year  in the last 3 weeks they have sold 7 that i know of the sales lady must love us .Here lies the problem i went into 1 of the local radio shacks today and the parts are getting scarce 9 volt relays none switches none switch covers none the clerk wanted to know what we started he says relays come in and the guys are on them faster than a seagull on a french fry in the Mcdonalds parking lot..I guess if they have as much fun with theirs as i have with mine it all worth it .(Oh yea i have a bunch of parts cached away) I love telling the guys how much fun these cameras are so i am my own worst enemy.anybody have the same problems?

Gun Docc

Reaction score
stanman,
yeah i know the feeling with all the parts being gone from the shelves of the local radio shacks....lol
i keep tabs on what 5 stores have on the walls and keep em cleaned out pretty much myself and still got things on order in a couple of the stores.
this camera building stuff is addictive....hehehe and not to mention everybody and their brother wants one.

gizz

Reaction score
I had this problem and the manager of the RS store order a qty of 20 of everything I needed. It was all there in a couple days and I could just buy what I needed. He said if there was any other part i needed to let him know and he would stock it for me.
I guess it's as simple as "Just Ask".

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi all,
If you can't get what you need "off-the-shelf" from RS, try either of these companies:

Mouser Electronics < http://www.mouser.com >  Lower prices - 10% shipping.

Digi-Key < http://www.digikey.com >  Large stock - free shipping over 25 US$

If you're ordering from RS anyway, you're already waiting for the parts to arrive.  These companies have MUCH lower prices on MOST (not all) items.

Archilochus

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Stanman,

It's gotten bad, sort of reminds me of Target during "Dollar Days" sales, when those women would rush a counter, pulling each other's hair, kicking and biting.

Just the other day I was walking into a Radio Shack, the only one that said on the phone they had a relay I needed. At the same time another guy starts heading toward the parts rack. He didn't look like a cam maker but something told me to hurry up and cut him off at the next aisle.

He must of made me as a cam maker cuz he broke into a sprint and juked me with a head fake and dove onto the last relay. The manager had to seperate the tangled bodies as I wrestled him for the relay. He won and was grinning at me from the checkout counter as I left, bite marks and all.

It's war now I tell ya.

Possum

Reaction score
Stanman, Just be careful who you show the pics to.  Last year some guys showed the pics to their friends in town.  Less than a week later there were no treestands left in the stores and they were hanging in the trees on the property lines around their lease.  Last I heard the Chamber of Commerce had posted the pics saying they were responsible for stimulating new economic development in the county. ha ha

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Yeah, Thanks for reminding me.  I've been meaning to pick a couple more Regent MS20's at our local Wal*Mart. Wonder if they're still in stock?

Top Bottom