I learned a valuable lesson today!

thehairlessone

Reaction score
I learned a big one today. I took some film to walmarts the other day to be developed. Got it back they charged me $2 and I had about 7 pics. I just figured the others were blank or something(we had alot of rain that day). I didnt think much about it but today I got to looking at the negatives and guess what I saw! About 6 more pics that I would have liked to have had. They had deer on them and two pics of a raccoon(one where he was trying to french kiss the camera). I just wonder how they decided that those pictures were not good enough for me to see. Two of them show a pregnant doe.

From now on I am telling them to give the whole roll no matter what they look like.

rick

davered1

Reaction score
I develop every roll negs only then I go pick through them and I decide which pictures to develop

MBullism

Reaction score
I guess the bothersome part is that that's "NEVER" happened to me (not that I know of)  I haven't checked negatives, before.  I guess I better start... Thanks for the tip.

I have, however, gone back and looked at the digital pics I sometimes get along with the prints.  On a number of occassions I've found a nose or a tushy on the edge of the digital that wasn't on the print.  They don't make good pics, but it's nice to know that the cam isn't going off by itself...

M

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to start doing what Dave said, however, I have been telling them I wanted ALL printed. A lot of new equip WON'T print if tne computer thinks there is nothing there. To get all of them, they have to hand feed some if them and some of the folks are too lazy to put out the effort.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Rick >> Take the neg's back to Walmart and tell them what happened. They'll
develop them for you.

I've had pic's that had peoples heads cut off, but when you looked at the neg
the head was on. Took them back and had them re-do them.

Then post'em for us......

thehairlessone

Reaction score
i will try to put them on today.

dave,
how do you develop the negatives only(can i do that here by myself) ??

rick

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Rick, I think he means that he tells them to just develop the negatives, and not print them.

davered1

Reaction score
Thats what I do Rick ,I tell them to develop just negatives(takes about 15 min) then i look at them with the aid of a magnifying glas to see pics better then write down corresponding #'s with negatives and have them printed.

works well and cuts cost of developing.

woodsman

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip ,I never do look at the negatives ,I'm going to now:rolleyes-green:

davered1

Reaction score
$4.00 just for negatives. 12.88 to do whole roll in 1 hour

flhunter

Reaction score
I have had it happen to me a few times at Wal-mart, one in Georgia and here in Florida.
On one it had a nice buck on the side and they said that it was an empty picture? How do they know it is empty there my pictures! oh well I got them developed anyways

thehairlessone

Reaction score
i can get a whole roll of 24 pics developed in 1 hr. for about $5. I will check on the negative thing. I was thinking it would be great if I could go to the junior college and take a photography course or something and learn to develop my own film.

rick

davered1

Reaction score
one of the FEW downfalls in living in a town with less than 5000 people. 's greatly outnumber 's though.

MBullism

Reaction score
Ah yes, it had to happen.  NEVER, ever, say "never", LOL.  Took a full roll of 24 exposures to CVS 1 hour.  Picked them up and got 20 prints, most of which were half of one pick on the left, half of the next pic on the right...  I took them back in and asked that they be reprinted...  they told me I could have them the next day.  I paid a premium for 1 hour developing (that took 16 hours to get right), had to make an extra trip to pick up the reprints, and when the prints were done correctly there were 25 pics....

No problem, though.  The clerk told me that there was no charge for the reprints, and the five additional prints were "free"!  Customer service at its best...

Gator

Reaction score
Here at our local Wal-mart they get so many of these type of pics that they look at each pic and if there is anything on there at all they print it, and their policy is that you only pay for the pics you want to keep.  I scan through all of my pics after they are developed, I keep only the pics that I want and they charge me accordingly.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom