I need a replacement for RS-49-425 Help?

runnin3i

Reaction score
I have only managed to find one RS PIR in. It doesn't seem that the Homebrew Cams have even remotely caught on in Northern VA where I live but I can't find them at all. I need a replacement PIR that is just as simple to modify and I need PICS can't do it on just words, I'm Electronic dumb. I can't usr the regent MS20 because I've been to 3 walmarts and 2 lowes and 2 home depots and zip. Please help !!

vman

Reaction score
Try the RS 49-426.  I have not used it but I hear it hacks the same as the 49-425.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
They are no longer Regent. Now look for Mainstays. But be careful and check the bottom for the numbers and letters "WM2" followed by a W or some other letter. The box is almost square. There is another one thar says something else on the bottom, AND IT WILL NOT WORK. Good Luck

deerguide

Reaction score
I just completed a cam based on the AmerTac Motion Activated Utility Lite.  The Lite is a battery powered automatic closet lite.  I'm not sure as to how long it will run on 4 AAs, as my OHM meter is only reading MiliAmps and shows no current draw when the PIR is in standby.  Good sensitivity on the PIR though the specs say 20 feet.  I got it to pick up at over 60 feet under ideal conditions.  I've posted some pics of the setup at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/deerguide

I'll be out of town this week, so may be slow in getting back to any questions you may have.

Rufus

Reaction score
Runnin3i, I know where there are two 49-425 units on the shelf. If you are really hot for 'em, I will give you the info to get 'em. Started to get them for myself, but Brian's board is supposed to be set up with a pir as issued and when I get my kit from ****** I shouldn't need any.

runnin3i

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help I got 2 comin. appreciate all the feedback. I really only need one but I like to have a back-up. I'm gonna keep my eyes open for any radio shack that may have them. thanks again.:usa-flag-raisin:

Latest Posts

Top Bottom