I need some help

MustangChris1

Reaction score
Anyone know how I can fix this?

(Edited by MustangChris1 at 5:43 pm on Aug. 22, 2002)

(Edited by MustangChris1 at 5:45 pm on Aug. 22, 2002)

davered1

Reaction score
run a small jumper wire from trace (scrape some green off and solder there) the solder other end to wherever it burnt off on other side of board

Tinhorn

Reaction score
or

do a search for ShrtCkt's cure, he did teh forum a great service by finding where those traces that disappear behind the Lens Board go and where to solder to and fix the problem

Tinhorn

MustangChris1

Reaction score
I did a search for it but it didn't come up. I can a jumper from the connection on the front for the #4 pin and then back up and over and it still doesn't work. I think I just threw 40 bucks in the trash.

bat

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum MustangChris1, don't throw that camera away!!!!  I'll see if I can find that post and come back and post it.  It will be a small round patch on the front of the camera for the #4 wire.  bat

here ya go!!!!    
http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/cgi-bin/i...&topic=1967

(Edited by bat at 10:06 pm on Aug. 22, 2002)

MustangChris1

Reaction score
I did that and all they it does now is click and nothing else. The flash went off one time and that was it.

peck

Reaction score
I did the same mess up. If you open the film door and close it again it might work again. Mine did the same thing, had to go to a tv repair shop to solder a jumper from the pin to a round silver spot below the holes on the front side. It would only snap one time until I opened the filmn door and closed it then it started working.

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 i done that once and put a drop of solder on my iron,touched it to the trace and draged it to the board on the front, and slid the iron off the front board,it left a run just like the factory run,but that was back when i didnt know what the heck i was doing and surprised myself:surprised-purple: something i did actually worked.

MustangChris1

Reaction score
I think its gone, all it does now its make a clicking noise when I touch the wires together. Plus it always flash low battery now and doesn't turn the camera off. This was the first camera I bought and messed it up. I went out and bought another one and it worked perfect. I have it set out in the woods now and the first roll brought back nothing but dang coons and pics of the woods where it went off by its self.

Advertisement

Top Bottom