I screwed up help Tinhorn or Wfontjr

stanman

Reaction score
Hi guys i screwed up the message about my buddys board problem.It should of read When the motion detector is tripped the output to the relay is only 5.8 volts any thoughts on this?thanks again  Stan

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Stanman

Some wiring checks:

Batt (+) connects directly to the Cathode (banded end) of D1 which also connects directly to one end of the Relay's Coil lead, there should be Batt (+) volts at this point.  

The other end of the relay coil is connected to the collector of Q4.  When no motion is detected, the volts here should also be Batt (+) but when motion is detected, this volts should go to near zero, which will pull in the relay......the volts at D1 Cathode should remain at Batt (+) at all times.

Batt (-) connects to L3 (the white wire was (is) connected at this location

I think you need to double check the wiring you guys did.

Tinhorn

N

Nudell Bush

Tin Horn
I checked my connection and things appear ok
Q4 is only giving me 5.97vdc?

N

Nudell Bush

I am getting 5.97vdc when motion is detected?
0vdc when idol

stanman

Reaction score
Hi guys my buddy Nudell bush is the one with the board problems i see he,s online now so i hope one of you guys can help him.  Stan

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Ok Stan

NB:

At idol (no motion detected and don't forget the sensor takes 20 or 30 sec's to warmup and will be triggered then)  You should be getting batt (+) volts on both ends of the relay coil.  

I stick one of those Auz Pencil Erasers you can buy and stick on the end of a pencil (triagular shaped) over the sensor when I want it to not trigger.

Once it's triggered, the volts at the D1 Anode end (not banded end) should go from Batt (+) to near zero (but I havent measured it) and the relay contacts get closed.  If you are getting 5.97 volts then 12 - 5.97 = about 6 volts which means the relay coil needs to be in that neighbor hood,  are you using a relay whos coil is 12 volts or 9 volts,  6 volts probably won't even pull in a 9 volt relay tho?

Odd!

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom