I seen him this morning!

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Went out this morning and I seen that big guy I've been after for a handful of years now. He is as big as hes ever been at 6.5 years old, IF he lives another year then he will have no doubt digressed in rack size I can tell hes near the end.

Mark my words I'LL be sending him to get mounted this oct!!!

NO BS! Hes ATLEAST 25'' wide, is a 4 by 4 with a weird point off to the side coming from his bass making him a 4 by 5, hes got a 5'' double eye gaurd on one side. Hes still in velvet but his rack seems to be fully grown.

This is in d3-5. I'm gonna try to get some pictures of him after he sheds his velvet right before the season, for the most part I'm leaving him a lone till rifle season opens, I'm not even gonna try w/ my bow he knows me all to well.

BirdDawg

Banned
Reaction score
Well tell us the exact location where he's at....I won't go after him.....promise......MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

bayedsolid

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Mark my words I'LL be sending him to get mounted this oct!!![/b]
Oh, you jinxed yourself now. You should have said "I'll probably never see him again" then he'd never know you're coming.

Bwana Turtle

Reaction score
Do you have GPS coordinates for him ? I'd like to take some pictures of him.

dusty20

Reaction score
Scouting definately pays off in the long run if a guy or gale can
spend the time and money doing it. Gives a person more of a edge on opening
morning. It has always paid off for me 60-70% of the time.

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
I saw ''him'' again today. He is EVERY BIT of 25 inches and may go a few wider. Hes smart I'll give him more then that.

One thing I didnt mention in the original post.

I've shot at him once last year with my bow, I shot at him the year before that with my rifle, my dads shot at him 2 times with a rifle, my friend mikes shot at him 2 times with a rifle.

(no we arent all that bad of shots, hes just that smart and takes off if he hears the slightest of sound) He is HUGE!

ps i'll be emailing you guys the exact location with the gps cordinates.

Hunter2003

Reaction score
Nice work I hope you whack him...one question though is he a reasonable distance away from a road say a few miles or is it necessary to pack in for a few days to find him. Just wondering because I am thinking about hunting this zone this year and will start scouting soon and was wondering how far I need be from the crowds.

Thanks

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Its on private land so it probably doesnt apply. He isnt that far away from main roads or public land but the way the areas set up I dont think he'll be leaving he never has in years past.

Sense its on private land I'm sure it doesnt apply. I'll be hunting some public land in the same zones and I'll be packing in for the most part.

blazintowers

Reaction score
Are you sure you guys aren't shooting at a ghost of a buck?
Good luck anyhow.....Blazin

larrysogla

Reaction score
So many shots.....my gosh. No offense, but this calls for more trigger time with shooting sticks, standing, sitting or kneeling position, no solid bench rest, just like it would be in the field, till a dinner plate can be busted 9 times out 10 at 200-250 yds. That buck will die of old age soon(worn out teeth), better burn that trigger time ammo, my friend. Good luck & God Bless. larrysogla.

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Originally posted by larrysogla@Jul 26 2004, 06:35 AM
till a dinner plate can be busted 9 times out 10 at 200-250 yds. That buck will die of old age soon(worn out teeth), better burn that trigger time ammo, my friend. Good luck & God Bless. larrysogla.
No problem there I could do that free standing any day of the week. but when it comes to actually looking a real deer I get way nervous to make that happen consistantly, thats my excuse for missing. My dads just missed him black and white once, and then had a running shot a week later. My friend mike also just missed him once and also had a running shot a few days later.

We'll get him! but yes its ridiculous to have missed him so many times. we dont have this problem with other deer.

gc4279

Reaction score
In the area I hunt we had a beautiful buck that we hunted for four years with the same kind of results. He did'nt get that big by being stupid. He had what seemed like psychic ablity to know exactly when to move out from under the shot. No one saw him after the fourth year but we still talk about him around the fire.
Gary C.

Top Bottom