I wuz miracled today

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Don't happen often. One of them Tutor Turtle moments where Mr Wizard steps in to change fate.

Using the bathroom today at a fire station. We all know not to be using a cellphone or pager while in there, lest it fall in. I wasn't using the cell but did have it in my shirt pocket. This john had the flush lever way over on the far side from the foul line. As I leaned over and hit the lever and started back up I saw the cell go flipping out. One of them frozen in time slo mo moments.

A quick glance down confirmed that yes, the cellphone would fit in the hole. The toilet was at max water suck when the phone hit the porcelein. I figured it was a goner for sure, at least it would plug the toilet up and I needed to start lookin for a quick exit lest I get volunteered to undo the crapper to pry the cell out.

It was at that moment that I received divine intervention. When the phone smacked down it flipped open over backwards, preventing it from being sucked out to the street sewer. Didn't even look like it got wet. Now the next problem, what to retreive it with without knocking it in the hole?

Got it out and rinsed it off. Works fine.

That one was close.

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
I hope you sprayed it down with some Lysol or something at your earliest convenience!

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spectr17 @ Apr 22 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Now the next problem, what to retreive it with without knocking it in the hole?

Got it out[/b]
ummm, you missed a step in the story . . . how did you get it out?

you didn't bite your fingernails this afternoon, right?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
ummm, you missed a step in the story . . . how did you get it out?[/b]
Well. I wuz kinda in a hurry and no one was lookin anyways.

DanV

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (EL CAZADOR @ Apr 22 2008, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (spectr17 @ Apr 22 2008, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now the next problem, what to retreive it with without knocking it in the hole?

Got it out[/b]
ummm, you missed a step in the story . . . how did you get it out?

you didn't bite your fingernails this afternoon, right?
[/b][/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking !

Rodney Hood

Reaction score
Well I guess that answers the age old question of was it a sinker or a floater?

Buck-eye

Reaction score
I always wondered about moments like this and how the brain would react. Would it look at it as immediate loss, or instinctively dive in to the porcelain bus and take control of the wheel? You have answered my quandry Obi-Wan. Please do not ever use your powers to assist the dark side.

Now to come full circle, we must know the style of ringer you have. The sleek RAZR? Perhaps the trusty Blackberry? Or, do you have the rugged Nextel two way that can get ran over by BJ and The Bear and still connect you with Speck? This would be good info to know what phone can withstand the perilous and deadly phone-fall from pocket, to an almost certain power sucking death.

Cold1nhand

Reaction score
Also I think Nextel has a version with a two way radio that can walkie talkie off the network. Not a bad tool for hunters! Actually I think it is the i760.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
Man canine, the Sony is the only decent looking phone in the bunch. The Gz-one and the LG are BAD ugly.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
What would you do if that would have happened BEFORE you flush the toilet??!!
Divine intervention was present because the phone fell AFTER you flush it...

DanV

Reaction score
Think if you dropped it into a pit type outhouse ? A line from the Last of the Mohicans comes to mind changed slightly " It stays where it lays " . Anytime I use that type of utility , everything in my pockets and sun glasses stay in my camp !

Tominator

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BelchFire @ Apr 23 2008, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Man canine, the Sony is the only decent looking phone in the bunch. The Gz-one and the LG are BAD ugly.[/b]
I am now the proud owner of a G-Zone and it is an incredibly good phone, even has a flashlight

Caninelaw

Banned
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cold1nhand @ Apr 23 2008, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Also I think Nextel has a version with a two way radio that can walkie talkie off the network. Not a bad tool for hunters! Actually I think it is the i760.[/b]
I wouldn't get a Nextel on a bet. We have them at work, and I think they got them mainly for the walkie talkie feature. But they suck like a hoover vaccum! They are always dropping calls and loosing their signal and I'll pick up my personal phone and it has 4 bars at the same exact spot. In fact, sometimes, just to get the job done, I'll use my own phone because the Nextel won't work.

bodega

Reaction score
Jessie, I've been there, watching a phone fall toward a porcelain death. Hit the rim and bounced out, just like my high school basketball games. Whew...

deerwatcher05

Reaction score
My daughter did the same thing with her phone, hers also worked fine when she got it out........for a while!!
It died about 2 months later. Hope yours keeps working, you might want to start checking out new phones.

canadagoose

Reaction score
Had an iPod nano slide out of the shirt pocket into the drink while putting the ass gasket down on the toilet at work one day. Going with a modified "5 second rule", I plucked it out right quick, washed it off good, and tried not to think about it too much. My music doesn't seem to sound any crappier than before.

Marty

Reaction score
Why can't they put a decent camera in a ruggedized phone??

Top Bottom