Idaho deer tag question

Strap Assassin

Reaction score
I read that If I draw an archery hunt, like 54 and do not harvest, that I can hunt In a general season for rifle. Now Is that any general unit I want to go to? Do I have to choose one? Or can I hunt all the general open units?

Say I hunt general 69 and do not harvest. Can I use that same tag and go hunt the late season archery 39?

dustin ray

Reaction score
what page did you read that ? are you hunting controlled hunt archery unit 54

Strap Assassin

Reaction score
Not sure where I came across that info.

I understand early season archery unit 54 is a controlled hunt, but it is unlimited tags. So, if I have this tag and do not harvest then what are my options?

dustin ray

Reaction score
you got my interst i to will be hunting 54 archery this year i have not read this but if this is true id also like to know

Bubblehide

Reaction score
I read something about this recently, it might have been on rokslide. If I recall correctly, I think it was limited to that same zone during their general season. But hey, don't go by what I think I recall.

Strap Assassin

Reaction score
Well I did read on the Idaho DFG website that if you have a general deer tag that you can hunt any general open unit with that tag within the season dates of course. So, I could have a general rifle tag for 69 and basically hunt every other open general unit if I want.

I was just curious about if you drew a controlled archery hunt and did not harvest if that tag worked the same way for general season.

Top Bottom