Idea for Game Trail Cammers

Boared

Reaction score
Hi all...

I just found the boards tonite, lots of info here, and thought I would put my $.02 in... You guys may already do this, I dont know... Just a thought.

Have any of you ever used In Heat Scents to attract animals within game camera range? I think it would be a good idea and would at least bring the male animals into view... LOL

Wal-Mart only carries regular pee except for deer as far as I know, but I was able to find a place on the web that sells the in heat scent.

The website is http://inheatscents.topcities.com and they carry just about any animal you could imagine??

I am an avid Coyote hunter and with the help of a dripper I used it to draw in a male a couple of weeks ago, that wouldnt respond to regular calls... I dont know... Just thought you guys would like an idea of a different way to draw animals nearer... Good Luck!!

(Edited by Boared at 1:20 am on Mar. 13, 2002)

davered1

Reaction score
Boared,

I use that approach to get pics of predators. Throw down lots of bait and fish oil then cover it with limbs and snow so birds can't see it.

Works pretty well, unless that camera hogging magpie finds your cam,48 pics later he gets bored and leaves :smiley-thumbs-up:

Gator

Reaction score
If you look at some of my pics they are of bucks at scrapes that I had a dripper hanging over with doe inheat and dominant buck mixture, our local Wal-mart carries most of the different scents.

Constitutionalist

Reaction score
Great idea for bringing in the critters, but I am using my cam for a different reason:

I want to know if Elk are cruising the area without any "goodies" to bring them by (not to mention all the cattle that would stampede the area were I to leave anything the Elk would like).

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Yes Boared, Welcome,

Did you see the Squeaker Post a while back,  one of those devices looks interesting.  

Arch and I built one using mostly RS parts.  We are still in the experimental stage but mine has been out all this week, will get it Saterday and see what's what

Gator  I was wondering if those things actually work,  I didn't notice you were using them,  I'll have to go back and take another look

Tinhorn

Boared

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome guys... :smile-blue :smile-blue

Actually, I just found the boards, and am glad I did, I am in heaven with all the pictures...

Top Bottom