Idiot proof timer

F

Fritz

I need some help figuring out the easiest way to put a timer on my 49-425 sensor.  I'm not real good with all this stuff so I need step by step instructions to build a timer that gives me a 2-3 minute delay and that I can turn off if I don't want a delay. Thanks for all your help in the past.

wvhunter

Reaction score
That's two of us Fritz!  I have a cam using the 49-425 and it is working great but would like to either add a timer or build a second unit with a timer.

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
Well, I'm kind of in the same situation as well.  I built my first camera with a 49-425 and no timer, and wanted a longer delay like you guys, so I build another camera with the same sensor and Tinhorn's timer.  Right after I built it, it worked perfectly, pressing the shutter for 2 seconds, then waiting about 2 minutes for the next picture.  However, after I put everything inside the enclosure, and closed it up, it stopped working for some reason, and now has no delay.  I havn't had time to try to fix it yet, so I don't know if I can get it working or not.  It took me a while to get all the supplies and put everything together because I havn't had much experience with this kind of thing either.

Now I'm thinking that the 30 second delay I had on the first one wasn't really too bad.  I've heard that some people have bought this timer and used it succesfully: http://www.qkits.com/serv/qkits/velleman/pages/K8015.asp

Top Bottom