Idiot

ShearMadness

Reaction score
I modified my camera and finished the wiring and had everything working. I ordered a pelican box and was ready for assembly. A co-worker and I came up with a great idea. Instead of mounting the RS pir outside the box, I would keep it inside the box behind glass and out of the weather. I usually would test this idea out but in my excitement to finish up I just forgot about testing it out and went on trying to figure out the cutting I had to do. Well it doesn't work thru glass. DOH!!!! The embarassing part is that my buddy and I have an electronics background !!!! Double DOH!!!! Back to the drawing board and finishing up my last class at the University of DA.

bat

Reaction score
Don't give up on the idea of putting the RS Pir inside, you can do this, but not with covering the hole with glass.  I can't remember the exact posting but if you do a search for RS Pir you should find enought information to help to fix this.  I have seen on one posting that you can use the "clear" sheet protectors to cover the hole for the fresnal lens without losing the detection.  I have not tried this yet because I just glue my fresnal lens to the back side of the door and mount the pir behind the lens.....works great.  

ShearMadness

Reaction score
I did exactly what you do,  I glued the fresnal lense onto the inside of the case door. It works and now I have to camo it.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom