IE area - where to get birds for training

Hobbyhorse

Reaction score
I'm working with my GSP in the field and would prefer not to hit a hunting club every time I need to get her on birds- we've had a miserable time in the field with quail this season and would just like to get her on good scents to reinforce pointing and using her nose.

I'm looking for either pigeon, quail, pheasant- really anything I can find in the inland empire for a decent price.

solus

Reaction score
try the feed store or the chino swapmeet off of chino ave and euclid

Last edited:

wildwingsgamebirds

Reaction score
Hens are $9.50 and roosters are $15, I usually have chukar and bobwhite but sold out of bobwhite completely and I might be able to spare a chukar or two. I have more hatching so it won't be long before I have a bunch again. Mallard ducks are $14 and they will be ready in a month and I have a few wild turkeys left for $45.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

DuckFever

Reaction score
www.gamebirdfarm.net offers adult flight birds of pheasant, chukar and quail. They ship. Not sure about a local vendor for SoCal.

Last edited:

wingshooter-kj

Reaction score
Hens are $9.50 and roosters are $15, I usually have chukar and bobwhite but sold out of bobwhite completely and I might be able to spare a chukar or two. I have more hatching so it won't be long before I have a bunch again. Mallard ducks are $14 and they will be ready in a month and I have a few wild turkeys left for $45.

Where are you located and how much do you charge for bobwhites? when you have them

wildwingsgamebirds

Reaction score
I am in Nuevo, bobwhite are normally $5.50, chukar are $9, hen pheasant are $9.50, rooster pheasant are $15, mallard ducks are $14 and wild Turkeys are $45
PM me and I will give you the address and phone number. I am licensed by the fish and game supply a few hunting clubs and dog training groups. I try to keep a steady stock of birds year round but it has been a pretty busy season.
Thank you,

Top Bottom