IF I set the sensor to Alarm Mode..

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
IF I set the sensor to Alarm Mode using the normal setup w/ no timer, what kind of delay can I expect from one pic to another?

MBullism

Reaction score
I run mine in chime mode all the time "to get every drop", but I think the going rate in alarm mode is around 30 seconds...  (assuming the radio shack PIR)

(Edited by MBullism at 10:06 pm on June 20, 2002)

MCinIL

Inactive
Reaction score
I do as MBullism, and run mine in chime also most of the time. I get aprox 7 sec that way, and 30 in alarm. MC.

woodsman

Reaction score
I run mine in alarm mode most of the time ,I was getting multiple pics of the same turkeys 23 out of 24 or 15 of coon or squirrels . 5 sec on chime and 30 sec on alarm mode.

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
guys, is this with the standard wiring. If I wire it using the diagram on the website will I get 30 seconds in alarm mode. IF so, what the use in wiring in a timer?

davered1

Reaction score
30 seconds is not very long, if you are going to just use your camera on trails then the RS pir has both 5 sec and 30 second and that is all you will ever need. If you are going to set this camera up on something like a feeder then 30 seconds is no where near long enough for a delay ,the camera would run through a roll of film in less than 15 minutes.

If this is you r first camera I would suggest that you don't add a timer,it complicates things and the regular camera cam seem intimidating as it is.

build a camera using jesse's front page and hook relay through pin#2 on IC. you will have both delays(chime andalarm),then you can branch out for bigger and better on Cam # 2

Trust me there will be a CAM #2,there will probably be a cam#10

good luck

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
I thought some guys were getting the camera to fire as long as the alarm was going off, meaning 2-3-4 pics in that 30sec alarm sequence.  Wasn't that the problem with using the alarm mode???

Todd

Gumboyaya

Reaction score
mine seems to get 1 1/2 to a full 2 minutes in alarm mode. i got two w/joe ds timer and two straight as the jhp drawing.
gumbo

wvhunter

Reaction score
I use the RS PIR and if I try and use it in alarm mode I would get 3-4 pics as fast as the flash could recharge.

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
So if I set it to alarm mode I will get 30 sec between pics and chime mode or whatever the other is will give me 15 sec between pics. Is this correct?

woodsman

Reaction score
It will take 30 seconds to reset in alarm mode only  if there's no movement .
In chime mode it will take pictures as fast as the cam can, 1 pic every 3 seconds or so.

Top Bottom