If time/date us showing on film door, why not on film??

deadcell

Reaction score
I know i posted earlier about this but i got a reply back that said something about some connectors or pins in behind the film door that may not be making contact what gives? Where are these contacts located? could i have bent them by accident when i put the camera back together after doing the wiring job on it? I wish i could figure this out, it would be so much nicer to have the time/date showing on my pics. Feel free to email me direct with your ideas or hints. Thanks DC

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi deadcell,
Don't recall if you said you replaced the date-back battery yet.  With a weak date-back batt the time can still show up in the display but the batt might not have enough kick left to light up the tiny LEDs that cause the time to be recorded on the pic itself.

Archilochus

Matt in MO

Reaction score
uh, we're assuming you have that option turned ON? With the PF, there should be a "bar" in the top right corner of the date display on the back of the camera I recall, which means the option is turned on.

deadcell

Reaction score
Yes it is turned on. and the camera is brand new but there is no telling how long it sat on the shelf at walmart before i bought it so i guess the battery could be a little weak. I'll try a new battery and see what happens. Thanks DC

Possum

Reaction score
The contacts for the date back are silver in color and located on the inside of the camera (well there are two in the door also that make contact with the two on the camera side) not the door .  They are round and about 1/16" big.  They are at the top of the square plastic housing that the lens is at the back of.  Hope this helps, but I bet it's the battery.  Let us know!

(Edited by Possum at 10:12 pm on Oct. 13, 2001)

bigmandude

Reaction score
my owl AF just puts the date in whenever it chooses..

had 2 pics in the middle of the last roll that had date stamp.. the rest didnt.. go figure

Latest Posts

Top Bottom