If you shoot Briones Archery Range..watch out

Kentuck

Reaction score
My stepson and his friend went to shoot their bows yesterday afternoon at Briones Regional Park and when they got back to the parking lot his car had been broken into. They got a set of tools, His stereo (the face plate was in the glove box) a couple of other minor things and everything in the glove box. Looks like they tried to break open the door through the handle and then went ahead and broke out the window.

If you are not familiar with the Briones range you have to park in the parking lot and then walk 3/4 of a mile or so to the range. They were there from about 6-8:30 pm. I almost went with them but had something I had to finish up. Won't be going back there again.

Huntin' Foo'

Reaction score
Kentuck,

Thanks for the info. I shoot out there occassionally and have notice broken automobile glass in the parking lot. Too bad for your son. I'm a bit suprised someone would be so bold as I've seen numerous rangers out there on the weekend and there's usually quite a few people about. Different story on weekdays...

Hopefully your son reported it to the park. May be time for them to step up their patrols...

Foo'

Kentuck

Reaction score
Huntin' Foo'

I was a little surprised myself considering they were out before dark and the rangers usually come through then. I guess it really doesn't matter these days. I had him call the Park Police and they sent a team out to do fingerprinting and take a report. The folks that did it are probably so used to being in trouble they wouldn't know the difference. They'll get theirs though. Now or later, they will get theirs.

Reaction score
That SUCKS !!

Sorry to hear of your/his loss- What happened to the times growing up when we "knew" it was NEVER alright to mess with someones property?

O yhea- that was before drugs were a mainstream in todays younger/older/throwback's generation.

in2blacktail

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that incident.
It happens everyday somewhere. Its too bad they seem to be targeting that parking lot. Hope they get them. Last thing we need is something like that discouraging dedicated archers who are the backbone and support of our local clubs.
Thanks for sharing and the heads up!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom