if your not making a cheap$$ cam...

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
if you wanted to BUILD a cam but wasn't really concerned with making the cheapest one possible what 35mm camera would select. and i don't mean real expensive either, say you had a $200-$250 price cap.

cc

LW

Reaction score
I will have about $250 in an Olympus  D 370 digital with one of Brian's completed boards (2) 32meg smartmedia cards and 2 sets of 4 rechargeable NI-MH batteries all stuffed into one of  ****** metal first aid boxes with a 36mm UV filter on the shutter. If you are not familiar with the features on Brians board  you night drop him an email, ask for his instruction document he sends out when you purchase a card. Don't think you can beat that for the price... (my opinion)

vman

Reaction score
Lw,
I agree.  I got 250 in my digital setup.  Of course now you can knock off another $20 for the cam.  IF you don't want to go digital go with the canon owl PF.  
vman

Archilochus

Reaction score
I'd agree with LW and vman - at this point I'd go digital.  There are a few compelling reasons to stay with film though - long batt life for extended field use, apparently much better low temp range, easy to integrate a simple slave flash setup, and other reasons which my morning brain can't remember.
So - if I wanted top of the line "point & shoot" 35mm - I'd go with the Yashica T-4 or similar.  The ability to use 800 speed film is great - and if I remeber right it has a top mounted view-finder - very nice feature!  For the price, the OWL PF is a great cam though.

Archilochus

Top Bottom