If You're Already Jonesing for More Quail Hunting

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Arizona Quail Season Ends Feb. 11, 2002

Hunters only have a couple of more weeks to get in on this year’s quail crop – the season ends Feb. 11, 2002, advises Arizona Game and Fish Department officials.

Department biologists said this has been the best season for quail in many years, but lack of precipitation so far this winter does not bode well for next year.

docramo

Reaction score
Coveys of Gambels quail have been outstanding this season. With more than 15 days so far in Az. this season the birds have held up extremely well. 2weeks ago we hunted one with more than 100 birds.We will hunt the next 2 weekends in Az. ....can't wait!

Mojave

Reaction score
I hunted Marana (north of Tucson) several years ago, with great success. I'm going to be in Phoenix next Saturday for a military vehicle show, so...maybe its not over after all!

docramo

Reaction score
We have hunted multiple areas of Az. over the years. Near Kingman, Wickenburg, + Phoenix should get you started. We just returned Sun. + had outstanding hunts on Gambels quail. Still a tremendous amt. of birds. Only 1 weekend and it's over for the year.

docramo

Reaction score
This is the last weekend to hunt Az. this year. I hope some of the JHP members get to hunt this weekend. It has been outstanding ,and we can't wait to "hunt em up". Last weekend the weather was great and the quail were flying. Time to get the truck loaded!

fowl Shooter

Reaction score
Heading towards Alamo lake tomorrow to look for quail and scope out the h2ofowling possibilities for next season.

Top Bottom