If You're Selling Timer,Cir. Board,etc

deerstalker

Reaction score
I have been using a CamTraker for 4 years and absolutely love it. I used a couple of other brands while doing a camera census of the deer herd on my hunting club and compared to mine they were absolute pieces of junk. In spite of the price, were I to buy another "commercial" camera I would buy the CamTraker.

However, after spending some time browsing this forum, building my own seems like an interesting project. I have seen posts where some of you guys are selling timers, circuit boards, etc. and since I am not interested in "reinventing the wheel", this seems like the logical way for me to go. So, if you have anything for sell that would be helpful in putting together a camera with the following capabilities, please send me an e-mail.

1. Selectable operating mode: day/night/24 hour.
    2. Multiple delay settings ex: 1min, 3min, 5min, 10min.
    3. Extended battery life: At least 3 months continous operation.
    4. Date & time stamp on photos with 30 ft. flash range.

Yeah, I know it sounds like a CamTraker, but like I said, I've been spoiled!!  Thanks for the help.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Deerstalker,

I have had a CamTraker too.  They are nice.  Got stolen years ago.
In my personal opinion the timer I program and the board I put together gives our units a definite advantage.  Yes of course I am biased. :smile-big-blue:

I sent you some stuff on what I build.

JoeD programs a chip and builds a board.
Hamiltoe also provides a board with control too.

Good luck.

davered1

Reaction score
deerstalker,

I am not biased, That timer that BRIAN sells is pretty sweet you won't find anything better than what he sells.

Camtrakker has NOTHING except price paid over these cameras.

I would personally put my cam up against one ANY day.

Do yourself a favor and order 1 of brians completed circuits.

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Got to agree with davered1.  Brians timers are great.  He will customixe the delays to whatever you want.  He even has a security shutdown that will at least keep the thief from enjoying his spoils.  you won't be sorry.   ****** has the Owl PF for $40 Cheap as you will find anywhere.  Good Luck

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

It's guys like ya'll that keep me trying to make a better mouse trap.  Who knows what we will come up with before this coming hunting season.

Thanks again.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'll add my bit too.... Brians micro-controllers are great!  I've been testing out his "multifunction timer" (the big brother of his 8 pin chip).  I'm tempted to rip apart all my old cams and install the micros - they're more efficient, smaller, and have more functions then any of my old designs.

Archilochus

Top Bottom