i'll show ya...my first time!!!

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
i finally got a cam in the woods! it a homebrew but i didn't build it. i traded for it. i'm just not ready to make one myself. but any how, i had the hardest time finding a tree i could scrap it to. my first and second choices would have been great but the trees were right out in the open(no cover). i ended up walking further up the canyon and i found i think i a really good spot. note to myself though. next time bring first aid kit! at work today i took a regular ratchet strap tie down and cut the metal hooks of the ends and then took a piece of wire hanger and looped it through where the big metal was then spot welded the end so i wouldn't loose my new hooks. several hours later...i'm setting up he cam and thought i needed to CUT the slack off the tie down and cut my finger. i didn't think it was that bad but it sure bled like a stuck pig! my whole palm was bloody! but i got the cam set up and i think i kept the blood to myself. i kept thinking great i'll set this cam up and there will be blood all over it! but like i said i was able to kep it clean. i'm going back on sunday to check it out. crossing my fingers!!!

cc

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I hope you get some really good pics on your first roll. Those are the special ones.

JoelM

Reaction score
I hope you can wait till Sunday : )

I never made it. I finally took it down with a half of the roll used.

Good luck I hope you get some good pics.

Joel

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Good Luck.

I was the same as Joel. I couldn't stand the wait.

It was half a roll and off to the 1 hr developer.

I am better now.

shufigo

Reaction score
This hobby wouldn't be near as enjoyable without the "mid roll rewind button".

MBullism

Reaction score
Oh great, now I gotta wait til sunday to see your pics as well as my own!  The suspense is killing me.  Congrats on getting your cam out with only a minor flesh wound! (ouch!)  I'll be looking for pics on sunday.  You do know where the mid roll rewind button is, right?

M

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
you know what suck's though his today i was at work thinkiing and i can't remember if i flipped the shutter up!  saturday is starting to look good!

cc

MBullism

Reaction score
LOL CC,  everytime I go away I leave thinking I've left the coffee pot on... or something.  I've put cams out, double checked them, walked off fifty yards and doubled back to check, LOL.  I've also left them, positive all is well only to show up two weeks later and find.. the.. shutter..... closed.  Let us know, LOL.  

TmKarren

Reaction score
I bet you go and get it before Sunday.  I know when I set my First one out.  It was the next day.  this went on for along time.  just to see how many pictures it had taken, and if it was still there..  Can't wait to see the pictures...

californiacoyotes

Reaction score
i couldn't wait! and there has been rain and a fire up there so i got up a 4 am before i had to be a work and headed out to pick it up. i just can't figure out how to rewind the film though. the cam is a canon sure shot AF. it took i think 8 pix. i want to see what's on them!!

cc

SIMPLEARKANSAN

Reaction score
There's a little button next to the shutter button.  Take a paper clip and push the button and the rewind process should begin!!!  Good luck with the pics.

Top Bottom