Illegal immigrants pay billions in taxes

chuam

Reaction score
NASHVILLE, TENN. — The tax system collects its due, even from a class of workers with little likelihood of claiming a refund and no hope of drawing a Social Security check.

Illegal immigrants are paying taxes to Uncle Sam, experts agree. Just how much they pay is hard to determine because the federal government doesn't fully tally it.

link

While I still think illegal immigration is a problem I found this article interesting.

easymoney

Reaction score
"Just how much they pay is hard to determine because the federal government doesn't fully tally it."
Bingo, just like the exact number of ILLEGAL trespassers here, they have no idea...
I would love to see a full accounting, just like the hospitals do in order to keep track of billing they milk the taxpayers for...

Val

Reaction score
Give me a break, illegal aliens are't stupid. All they have to do is claim a large number of dependents and nothing is with helod for State or Federal income tax. Yeah they do pay into the failing Social Security system which does not come close to making up for what they consume in taxpayer pai services. Chuam are you that gullible that you believe articles such as this BS you posted?

Jeff S.

Reaction score
Well, let's see, Jose and Maria work for minimum wage - in California, that's $16,000 per year each = $32,000. They pay a bit of SSI - 7%, that's 2200, but no state or federal income tax - sheesh, they lied about their SSN, why put the right number of deductions down. They buy their clothes and household goods at swap meets and food is non - taxible, so there's no sales tax. OK, ok, Juan's sixpack he drinks every day after work. At $5 that's 40 cents a day times 365 days = $146 per year. OK, maybe a little hidden in the rent they pay in the two bedroom apartment hey share with two other families, say $500 a year (and that's generous. So they pay a grand total of 2200 + 146 + 500 = $2846.

They have 4 kids, Juan, Diego, Isabel, and Ana. They each go to public school @ $11,000 each, that's $44000. They use the emergency room for health insurance because after all, it's FREE! and go say four times a year at about $1000 per visit. That's another 4 grand. They ride the bus to work, and every time someone gets on a bus and gives them a dollar, you and I pony up $2. 4 rides per day, 250 work days a year, that's 1000 rides = $2000. That's 44,000 + 4,000 + 2000 = $50,000.

So they use at least $50,000 in tax services and pay less than $3,000.

Now remember these people use sidewalks, police & fire services, garbage pickup, state parks, beaches, vector control services, and all the other government services our tax money graciously provides also.

chuckslayer

Reaction score
I must have a SS number to earn money in order to pay taxes. How do they get a SS number..steal it ? If they willingly will steal anSocial security number..no doubt they will defraud and steal from the person whose identity they have already stolen.
One is either honest or a crook..can't be both..

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the news today ? Feds rounded up a couple hundred ILLEGALS in poultry processing plants across the country.
They ALL were using STOLEN IDENTITIES.
Which one of you libs would like your identity stolen and used for who knows what ..perhaps to break you ?

Sound like fun ?

Dubya D

Reaction score
Lets say all illegal immigrants in this country pay $9bil in Federal taxes...in CA, illegal immigrants cost the state tax payer $10.5bil education, medicare and incarceration.

LINK

Looks like they owe this state alone $1.5bil...I'm not seeing the net benefit.

COHunter

Reaction score
Well.... does that make it alright for a person to rob a bank, or rob people at gun point just because they'll be paying sales tax and stimulating the economy with the money they stole???

You can freeze shit, pack into a cone and and eat it as if it were chocolate ice cream, but its still shit

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Did anyone notice the news today ? Feds rounded up a couple hundred ILLEGALS in poultry processing plants across the country.[/b]
Just dog and pony show for photo ops. If they was serious they would swoop in Home Depots to start.

No worries, last estimate has a couple million more criminal illegals piling into this once great country this year, even with the economy reeling. The English language and those that speak it are doomed here in the US.

foulshot

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff S. @ Apr 14 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, let's see, Jose and Maria work for minimum wage - in California, that's $16,000 per year each = $32,000. They pay a bit of SSI - 7%, that's 2200, but no state or federal income tax - sheesh, they lied about their SSN, why put the right number of deductions down. They buy their clothes and household goods at swap meets and food is non - taxible, so there's no sales tax. OK, ok, Juan's sixpack he drinks every day after work. At $5 that's 40 cents a day times 365 days = $146 per year. OK, maybe a little hidden in the rent they pay in the two bedroom apartment hey share with two other families, say $500 a year (and that's generous. So they pay a grand total of 2200 + 146 + 500 = $2846.

They have 4 kids, Juan, Diego, Isabel, and Ana. They each go to public school @ $11,000 each, that's $44000. They use the emergency room for health insurance because after all, it's FREE! and go say four times a year at about $1000 per visit. That's another 4 grand. They ride the bus to work, and every time someone gets on a bus and gives them a dollar, you and I pony up $2. 4 rides per day, 250 work days a year, that's 1000 rides = $2000. That's 44,000 + 4,000 + 2000 = $50,000.

Now remember these people use sidewalks, police & fire services, garbage pickup, state parks, beaches, vector control services, and all the other government services our tax money graciously provides also.[/b]

Rodney Hood

Reaction score

Forget taking photos...hang a couple of Hell-Fires on the wings.

el_vaquero

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (foulshot @ Apr 16 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jeff S. @ Apr 14 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now remember these people use sidewalks, police & fire services, garbage pickup, state parks, beaches, vector control services, and all the other government services our tax money graciously provides also.[/b]

[/b][/quote]

leftyhunter

Reaction score
Chuck its easy to pay taxes without an SS#. Every day at work illegals ask me where the IRS office is so that they can fill out a W-7 and get a taxpayer identification number. Yes the govt has hired more ICE agents to catch illegals but they have restrictions that make it hard to deport illegals. Yes they do catch some illegals but they can be bailed out for not much money . Has I have said before both the Dems and Repub are very pro illegal immigrant.

Leftyhunter

chuckslayer

Reaction score
Lefty;

That is where the voters have to step in , and vote for those that will actually do something pro-active about this invasion.
If we can't find them at a national level, we can elect them at a state & local level. At least that's a start !

D3Lifer

Reaction score
The only taxes that illegals pay are sales taxes. But people like chuam feel that these invaders are the backbone of our society and need to be exempt from contributing income tax.(And yes....I did file today SD, late is better than never.)

HuntingAnywhere

Reaction score
Here comes the controversy:

Jose and Maria are here because we have open borders. It is Jose and Maria's fault because it is so easy to walk from Mexico/Canada to the United States. Blame the liberal asses who do not do anything to control the border/immigration situation. Blame the right wing conservatist who do not catch these people before they get here. Jose and Maria are enjoying their tax free life while we are getting upset. who is in a better situation? let us use our democratic system to ENFORCE laws to control this infestation instead of whining about it. Laws that will work to stop Jose and Maria before Saddam Obama enters with a bomb.

easymoney

Reaction score
huntinganywhere,
That is indeed the problem and those of us who are doing all we can to get jose and maria thrown out are getting mighty tired of all the help they are getting from our legislators...
The laws which jose and maria have broken are already in place but LEO is being hamstrung by the politicos.
The solution is really simple round em all up and send em home, build the fence on both borders, have a tamper proof form of ID like thumbprint, make employers held resonsible for whom they hire...

Jeff S.

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HuntingAnywhere @ Apr 18 2008, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here comes the controversy:

Jose and Maria are here because we have open borders. It is Jose and Maria's fault because it is so easy to walk from Mexico/Canada to the United States. Blame the liberal asses who do not do anything to control the border/immigration situation. Blame the right wing conservatist who do not catch these people before they get here. Jose and Maria are enjoying their tax free life while we are getting upset. who is in a better situation? let us use our democratic system to ENFORCE laws to control this infestation instead of whining about it. Laws that will work to stop Jose and Maria before Saddam Obama enters with a bomb.[/b]
"Open Borders?" Now there's a real mouthful of reality. Where are the "open borders?" There are no signs saying "this way to Los Angeles?" Last time I looked there were miles of fences, thousands of armed border patrolmen, helicopters, night vision goggles, trucks, listening posts, infrared monitoring systems, the list goes on and on. In fact we spend 11 Billion of our tax dollars on this "Open Border." http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/fact_s...l_factsheet.xml Just because there's no Berlin Wall, doesn't mean there's a big sign inviting all to come. It's like saying San Quentin has open walls, because some inmate figured how to chip his way through the plumbing with a spoon.

For Jose and Maria to get here, they have carefully plan out their lawbreaking, they have to pay thousands to a coyote, then in the dead of night packed like sardines in a vehicle hundreds of miles from the nearest legal entry point, they make their dash. Many (some say as many as half) get busted, photographed, fingerprinted, and deported back to their home country. More die out in the desert. They KNOW they're breaking the law. They KNOW, it's dangerous, they KNOW they could die, get robbed or raped.

It's not the border efforts that are the big problem, it's what happens after they make it through the gauntlet. Chief Bratten says that the LAPD aren't competent enough to determine if a prisoner is an illegal or not, yet they expect every small businessman to be an ICE agent. Sheesh, they demand that if you hire a gardener, or a tree trimmer you call to verify that they are legal to work here but trained police officers with instant access to government databases aren't qualified?

I agree, start sweeping the Home Depots. Start checking the employers and doling out heavy fines to any who look the other way and don't use the government system. Being an employer myself who has been fooled by forged documents that even checked out, I say don't make the employer have to pay for secret clearance style background checks, but at least let's make the cops type in an SSN or ID number into their database to find out if the lawbreaker they picked up is who he says he is.

HuntingAnywhere

Reaction score
i guess the term "open border" has been taken literally. when i say open border i mean the hundreds of miles of land between mexico/canada and US with no supervision. Obviously and needless to say there is security in most parts of the border but not all. the problem should be stopped at its core, and that is the border. once the border is completely secured (every inch of it) the problem will be solved. then, like easy money stated, gather them up and send them home. If not to their origin, to the other side of the border.

But a fence will not be enough, we need to set military bases around the border and have troop conduct anti-immigration/anti-terrorist tactics. this way when jose and maria decide to cross, we have the boys track them down and use them as target. then, we will NOT have "open borders" and we can once again have our sovereignty.

Top Bottom