I'm shopping

SDHNTR

Reaction score
I'm looking for a rangefinder with a $300 budget.  All I want is a good unit that will read a deer or hog out to 400 yards.  Seems like you have to get a unit that is rated to 800 yds to get it to read a deer sized target at 400 yds.  Misleading if you ask me.  I don't need too many bells and whistles.  I'm leaning towards the Bushnell 800 Compact.   I found it for $279.  Anyone seen a better price?  Anyone have this unit?  Any comments?

marmot

Reaction score
That would be a good choice. I bought the Bushnell Compact 600 when it first came out and it has been great.

Small size, accurate, plenty of extra features like "rain" and "brush". Also a great warranty, I dropped mine out of a tree and they fixed it for free.

Based on that, the 800 would be even better.

davered1

Reaction score
I just got my spanking new leica 800 in the mail the other day. Paid $300 plus 7 $ shipping off of EBAY.

It is a nice piece of equipment. VERY small and easy to read. I tested all the bushnell's in a local hunting store and the yalso had a leica 800. After looking through all these I was set at buying one. I think it has better optics then the bushnell.

I will probably get horsewhipped here for that remark but they are way clearer.

go with one you won't be dissapointed!!

DoubleGun

Reaction score
SDHNTR- I have a new in the box Bushnell YP 600 I would let go for $225. If your interested e-mail me. backrod@earthlink.net

SOLD IT

(Edited by DoubleGun at 1:12 pm on Aug. 3, 2002)

Top Bottom