Imperial Valley Pheasants

Cazador Suerte II

Reaction score
I heard that most of the farms in the Imperial Valley have been joined into a co-op for hunting pheasants and somebody is charging $$ to hunt in the valley on these fields.

Anyone have any more information about hunting pheasants in the Imperial Valley?

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
Abatti Farms are the ones who started this.  They have 1000's of acres for pheasant hunting available.  Last year was around $100 a day.  If I remember right it's called Upland Paradise.

Costs about the same as a private club, but you get to shoot wild birds.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
I sucks to pay to Hunt but a $100 buck for wild birds sounds good, do you go by the DFG limit or do you pay for the amount you shoot????:big-grin-aqua:

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
You go by DFG limits and guidelines.

You are not hunting on a private club, you are paying $100 for access to prime pheasant habitat.  The fields have historically been cut alfalfa near asparagus fields.  The pheasant love the asparagus because the thorny brush provides protection from prey.

These fields used to be free to hunt, you just had to call up the Abatti Farm and ask for permission, but they've had a lot of trash and destruction occur on their fields.

I've had freinds who hunted at the Abatti farms last year, he said it was definately worth it.  I'm considering it for this year - still undecided.

Advertisement

Top Bottom