Improving the Lake Perris Upland Game Hunting Area

Zanglo

Reaction score
Is anyone here active in the riverside chapter of Quail forever? My wife and I just bought a house here in menifee. I’ve heard nothing but bad things about the upland game hunting area up by lake Perris. I breed and raise game birds, and have grown up bird hunting in Washington. Near where I grew up they had a huge release program every Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I met the gentleman that started the Pheasant release program there at Vancouver lake. I would really like to donate my time / money and anything else I could to improving the habitat there so my kids can one day have a nice public land hunting area to enjoy without having to drive 5 hours. If anyone knows who I can contact or what I can do to help I would greatly appreciate any information. Thanks in advance!

Limited Out

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Talk with Tom Trakes at the San Jacinto Wildlife Area. Tom is the manager of the area. He is a real progressive individual and would be one of first people I would talk with. Tom has gone above and beyond in his efforts to improve the Wild Life Area.

Zanglo

Reaction score
Talk with Tom Trakes at the San Jacinto Wildlife Area. Tom is the manager of the area. He is a real progressive individual and would be one of first people I would talk with. Tom has gone above and beyond in his efforts to improve the Wild Life Area.
Thank you! I’ll see if I can get in contact with him

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Its good to see someone trying to help out that area Zanglo.

Tom is on Facebook and runs a FB group for critter pics out there at SJWA

Zanglo

Reaction score
Its good to see someone trying to help out that area Zanglo.

Tom is on Facebook and runs a FB group for critter pics out there at SJWA

Spoke with him the other day. Great guy. I emailed him a proposal for reintroduction of wild pheasant into SJWA, waiting to hear back from him

Top Bottom