In the woods atlast!

Buckoholic

Reaction score
This has been one tough night. It is now 2:51am est. and I had to get out of the bed and do something to take my mind off my camera.
 Thanks to the help of so many members of this site, I was able to build my first game cam back in April. However, I have been so busy with other things that it has just been sitting on my workbench ever since.
  Today I took the camera up to my favorite hunting spot and left it. I have been thinking about that camera ever since. I have promised myself not to return to check it until Friday evening. But I am not sure I can go without sleep that long (haha). All I have been doing is thinking about all the critters that surely must be passing in front of my camera right now. It's killing me!
  I have had a lot of fun building and showing the camera to my friends, but I never imagined that it would be so exciting the first time out. I field tested the camera in the backyard several times during daylight and night hours. It worked fine. However, I did notice a difference with the PIR during the heat of the day, so I positioned the camera strategically in the woods. I will send you some shots from my first roll as soon as I get them developed.
  Thanks again to all that have posted their ideas and information for this site.

Trapp

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I put my Tree cam out on 7/21/01 for the first time and the next day I rushed out to see if anything walked by. I observe my tree cam hanging a foot lower than I placed it and pointing to the ground. My first thought was that “hmm did I not put it on the tree right.” Then as backwoods and I inspected the tree cam and seen bear hair and some scratches on the case I was so excited that I had photos of something I rush in to town and developed at 24-roll exposure for three pictures.
I left the north woods on Sunday night at I cant wait until Friday to get back up there to see if anything else has passed by.    Trapp

billyray

Reaction score
I know that feeling well. I put three cams out at my place on 7/15 and can't make it back to get them until 8/4. I just know they are full by now. Hope you get some good pics.

gizz

Reaction score
Not much you can do for "CAM FEVER". I still get nervous leaving my cams out at nite but after a while you get used to it. The best part of it is when, after 1 or 2 weeks you remember you have a cam out that you gotta go check! In my experiences so far i find that it is best to leave the cam alone for 1 or 2 weeks to alleviate the human scent factor. My best pics seem to come after a rain event when my scent has been eliminated. Good Luck and let us know what you get.

jayber

Reaction score
Up until last weekend, I was without a camera in the woods for month......and I've been going through withdrawls!  I put it out on friday afternoon and just couldn't stand it, had to take a peek sunday morning.  Had 5 pictures, which is promising.  Will have to agonize over the wait for at least another couple of weeks before I can get back there.  Pretty soon we'll have to setup a counselling forum/page/chat to get us thru the nites & days!!  LMAO

NC Bowhunter

Reaction score
LOL, yea it feels even worse to not have any cameras out, because then you just have to think about all the pictures that you could have gotten, but didn't.  :ABG  

Anyway, hope you get some good pics.  I look forward to seeing them.

jayber

Reaction score
Thanks for rubbin' it in NCB!!  LOL  Maybe another way to look at it positively is: Quality, not Quantity?  Won't be long and things will start to get real serious in the woods......trying to catch the BIG BOY for bow season....

Coal30

Reaction score
Hey If Your Lucky like me you live in the woods lol i live in northern wisconsin 10 mile from michigan border and im in the woods every day maybe you will have to come visit me
www.royalsplace.com

Latest Posts

Top Bottom