Info on Caney Mnt.Ca.

ironhorse

Reaction score
Hi All,I am new to the site.Glad to find it.Iwas wondering if any one on here had ever hunted on Caney Mnt.Ca.I drew a tag for the managed hunt in Oct.and they are not going tto give us much of a chance to scout.We check in at ten a.m. on Fri.and can not scout until then and the hunt starts Sat.morn.From the looks of the map they sentit must be pretty rugged country.I live over here in S.E. Mo.and hunt nothing but the foothills around here.Hope someone out there can help with a little info.Thanks,Ironhorse

kinglongshanks

Reaction score
Rugged is right, not much open area.  Best bet is to hunt ridges or semi-open raveens.(sp?)  You'll probably see a lot of deer.  I myself have hunted ditches/draws that are in the woods.  Some campers like to party all night long, beware.  Good luck!

ironhorse

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.I just can't understand why I couldn't scout any time .I will be within 25 miles of the CA bowhunting a week before the huntand could scout then if they let me.I noticed that last year more bucks were killed than does. I assumed hunters were holding out for buckbut was wondering if there were that many bucks on the area.The total kill was pretty low.

dan v

Reaction score
well how did you do? i also hunted there . saw alot of deer sat morning mostly does one spike didnt know what to exspect so seeing alot of deer iwas waiting for anice buck never saw a deer the rest of the weekend hope you had better sucsess

Latest Posts

Top Bottom