Info on GPS

awackywabbit

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a GPS sometime soon.  However, I know nothing about them at all.  Could someone hear recommend a good beginner GPS to get??  I'd like something that I could use in conjunction with my computer if that is possible.  Thanks ahead of time for any info.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Go to any number of discussion boards, including this one, and do a search. You will see this topic asked over and over.  

Basically you need to decide what features you want in your GPS.  It's kind of hard to answer with out knowing more information.

There's alot of info already out there.

ToddP

~I have an eTrex Legend and like it but it might be too much or too little GPS for what you want.

Bald Eagle

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi wacky - you are in for a real treat with a GPS receiver.  They're lots of fun and sometimes practical, too.  I received a Magellan Marridian Gold from my boss and I love it.  My son has a Garmin Etrex Vista and he loves his.  I think just about all of the newer units will communicate with a PC when using their own software.

There's a website called Geocaching.com and they are a world-wide group who hide things and post the coordinates for others to try and find them.  They seem to have a great time with this new high-tech sport.

Good luck and have fun.

(Edited by Bald Eagle at 12:07 pm on Mar. 7, 2002)

Top Bottom